• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power steps for Pro

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Has anyone successfully installed the AMP power steps yet? My shop called amp and they said they wouldn’t have anything for the lightning until next year which was surprising to me. I thought it would bolt on rather easily?

I have the Pro and could use a solution… I suppose bolt on could work
Sponsored

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
I spoke to my local AMP dealer (before I ended up getting OEM boards) and they talked to AMP. They noted that Lightning specific (no modification needed) boards would be early 2023 just as you stated. I think I've seen others on here get them installed but I think there was some areas you had to work around or make minor modifications. I'm sure someone will chime in on that in case my memory fails me.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I spoke to my local AMP dealer (before I ended up getting OEM boards) and they talked to AMP. They noted that Lightning specific (no modification needed) boards would be early 2023 just as you stated. I think I've seen others on here get them installed but I think there was some areas you had to work around or make minor modifications. I'm sure someone will chime in on that in case my memory fails me.
Cool that’s definitely helpful. When you say you went with the OEM boards, you mean the standard non-powered right? Not the OEM powered from the ICE trucks? The reason I ask is simply because the OEM price I was quoted for the standard lightning boards was outrageous. Nearly $1000 I think

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
Correct, I bought them on this forums marketplace from a lariat lightning. $300 plus it was about $350 to FedEx them to NH. I also asked about them from dealership and was likewise given a very high price. I put up a 'willing to buy' post too in the marketplace. Just had to be patient. There might be an influx in early 2023 of sellers if AMP options exist. I find the oem great on the pro.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Correct, I bought them on this forums marketplace from a lariat lightning. $300 plus it was about $350 to FedEx them to NH. I also asked about them from dealership and was likewise given a very high price. I put up a 'willing to buy' post too in the marketplace. Just had to be patient. There might be an influx in early 2023 of sellers if AMP options exist. I find the oem great on the pro.
Awesome that’s super helpful. Any pics?

Sponsored

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
Did your Pro have the wiring for the OEM board lights? If so, did they work?

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Good question. I bet that’s why they’re so expensive (the lighting). It also makes a huge difference on the pro as the board blocks the view of the battery hanging down which you can otherwise see on the pro (but hidden on all the other models)

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
All trucks have the pre-existing wiring and it will plug right in. However, you need to have the tow tech package (or FORSCAN) to make them operational.

If you don’t have tow tech, the boards will bolt on, it will plug in, but you will not have lighting.

Sponsored

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
All trucks have the pre-existing wiring and it will plug right in. However, you need to have the tow tech package (or FORSCAN) to make them operational.

If you don’t have tow tech, the boards will bolt on, it will plug in, but you will not have lighting.
Great info! Thanks! I ordered mine with tow tech, so now I just need to find some OEM boards for sale :)

robertantal

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
engineer
I have a pair of Lightning OEM boards for $360 listed locally in Orange County CA. If you are interested, I'm willing to ship.
Ford F-150 Lightning Power steps for Pro IMG_20221030_135555

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Are there more than 1 type of stock OEM boards for the Lightning?

I'm just worried about the delaminating, curious if there is multiple models and it only affects 1 of them...

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Are there more than 1 type of stock OEM boards for the Lightning?

I'm just worried about the delaminating, curious if there is multiple models and it only affects 1 of them...
Just 1 set. The delaminating occurs in high heat, keep it out of the heat. Once it cools, it appears to return to shape as well - at least for me so far.
Sponsored