• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Preferred Dealer(s) <?>

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Recommended for buying or for service?

I bought mine from Serramonte. When I walked in, the first guy I spoke with didn't really know anything. I basically told him "no offense, but who is your most knowledgeable guy on F-150s?" They gave me another salesman who knew the product well and I bought one off the lot from him.

For service, we had a small dealer in San Mateo (forgot the name) that had a pretty bad reputation. It went out of business and Putnam (Chevy, Toyota...) bought it and recently reopened it as Putnam Ford. It is convenient and close to me. I brought it there for the BCM update so my alarm wouldn't go off randomly and really liked the service manager. He also agreed to help me with the rust issue and is trying to chase down Ford to authorize a fix. He sends me update emails and has been responsive, so it's been a good experience so far.
Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
I am using Gresham Ford in Gresham, Oregon for my order directly thru sales manager for my new loaded Lariat. He is working with me for a good deal and since I put in order, I discovered my career company that I retired from is a Ford partner so I can use Ford X plan. It lets you buy up to 2 vehicles a year at 0.4% under invoice plus $275 fee, and most incentives can be used to bring price even lower. Anyone looking should check to see if their or spouses employer is on list. Mainly national companies.

junkmail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Limited and not great experience so far with Frontier Ford in Anacortes, WA. Put a deposit on dealer ordered 2021 that had all the options that I wanted. They keep sending me emails to come in and look at other trucks, but their reply to email is a dead-end. I tried to follow up by texting the salesperson that took my deposit, but no response. From this forum and various tracking tools, I now know that Iā€™m stuck in the chip shortage category, but the sales manager guaranteed that the truck would be delivered within three weeks ā€¦ this is the end of week two ā€¦

SteveJ2477

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL STX
We bought a new 2012 Flex from Issaquah Ford and it was fine. No relationship tho.

We lived in the San Juan Islands so Frontier Ford (Anacortes) is our closest dealer. We took our Flex and my ā€˜01 Ranger for service religiously.

Last few weeks looking to buy a 2021 F-150.
Looks like most dealers are sticking close to MSRP. One dealer offered a custom order with an unknown delivery date. One dealer would do the A to Z Plan that I have available but still requires a custom order. I did the build and price and it was what I paid for the truck I bought.
I went to Frontier and made a deal that a sales manager agreed on verbally and email offer. They sold the truck later that day. Money over customer service. Clearly my money dumped into their service dept didnā€™t mean anything.

Found the same model XL STX with similarly options that I want/must have at Gillis Auto Center (Shelton WA). I made a deal via email and one phone call. Went and looked at it and drove it. Lifetime powertrain warranty included. Bought it but itā€™s still not in my driveway due to my work schedule and itā€™s distance from my house and getting there. Sales Manager Robin has been GREAT!

Last edited:

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
Anyone near Puget Sound WA heads up. Waited 8 months for my 2021. "Awesome" Ford in Chehalis WA was the worst I've ever dealt with (I've had dealings with 10 different Ford dealers in 30 yrs). FX4 ordered in Mar 21. Truck built on 10/4. No communications except when I bugged them. Had to call Ford HQ and complain about 7+ missed build dates. Sales Manager finally emailed his higher and 3 days later it was built. Go figure! They threw the rookie salesman under the bus saying he should have elevated the issue sooner. Awesome Ford kept saying they had no idea why it kept getting delayed. Not once did they raise an issue with Ford. Ford customer service sucks! Caveat emptor my friends. Go elsewhere for a vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Thanks, Cali-folks, but I guess I shoulda said "Upper-Left-Coast!"
I kinda presumed this "regional forum" is for talkin' AK, WA, ID, OR...
California stuff is here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/forums/california.57/
7f1c27582bfb014997978f78c35c4b1e.jpg

...so, I'm still lookin for thoughts about greater northwest Ford dealers ~ good or bad ~ What are you finding out there??
Ak: Kendell of A-K-W? Seekins? that's it, right?
Wa: Pierre? Bickford? Issaquah? Titus-Will? Corwin? Van Cleve? others?
Id: Broadway? Lithia? Middlekauff? others?
Or: Damerow? Landmark? Northside? Astoria? Skyline? others?
Lithia has been amazing (Boise, ID). My truck is built, just waiting for shipping. No mark-up constant communication.

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
I've not stated where we've got ours from because I've had stalkers/harassment in the past - but as I'm pretty close to delivery happy to now confirm we're using Tonkin Ford of Hillsboro (used to be a different name but recently changed hands).

I'm paying list price for mine. Although to be fair Tonkin Ford gave me a $14,500 trade in offer on a Bolt I just got $23,700 offered on from another local dealer.

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I originally ordered my Lightning from Future Ford in Concord, CA simply because they are the closest to me.

Luckily, when it was time to order I checked on their dealer markup and it was $10K! I ended up delaying until ā€˜23 and when my number came up again they had increased their mark up to $20K!!! Talk about a rip off.

I was not able to change my dealer during the order but when I called Ford, they were able to switch it to Walnut Creek Ford which does not add any dealer mark up to any vehicle.

My wife wants a new Hyundai and even though we bought her last one at Future Hyundai in Concord, we will never, I repeat EVER buy anything from any Future dealer again. They lost this car-buying customer forever.

TBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER+Tow Tech & Max Tow; Anti Matter Blue
Hey, left-coasters, do you have a recommended Ford dealer?
(or is everybody headin' to Granger, Iowa <<<grinnn>>>?
I highly recommend Fremont Ford, I dealt with Wilson and Shawn; both were friendly knowledgeable and great to deal with. No high pressure sales, just honest and direct. No BS.

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I bought my Lightning from Villa Ford in Orange and everything has gone well until I had to take it in for service to have the leaking tailgate lightbar replaced. The lightbar replacement went well, but later I noticed that my EV carpool lane stickers that I keep in the driver side door were missing. I had them affixed to magnets so I can use them as needed. They are the only other people that had been in my truck, so someone must have swiped them while it was in for service. I called and the service manager didn't really care and said to go to the DMV to get them replaced. I won't be returning to Villa Ford of Orange for service any more.

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
Just wanted to put in a plug for Landmark Ford in Tigard. They were up front, low key on the aftermarket sales effort and did a great job on getting me a deal on both all weather snow tires and a (Ford branded) Retrax XR Pro tonneau cover. Highly recommend Mick Corliss as a salesperson. Got my Mustang Mach E from Damerow Ford and would not recommend them, more for lack of communication than anything else on both the service and a follow up issue where the HVJB on the car bricked it.
Oh - Landmark also did a great job on servicing that Mach E after I moved my account.
Sponsored