• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Private Cash Offer + $5k price protection UPDATE — the nightmare before Christmas

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
UPDATE!!

I just received a phone call from the second individual I spoke with last night who assured me that will absolutely not offer price protection up front and will only reimburse me when they get it.

It seems they had a change of heart (AKA their Ford rep got back to them and informed them they were indeed wrong--my assumption) and he confirmed that he was able to check the DORA of my original order date, which confirmed the originally priced invoice that I have been seeing on my end all along. He then told me that he will honor the price protection up front once the head sales manager signs off on it when he gets in later this morning. As of now, he confirmed the $49,749 invoice price and that they will still apply the $7000 PCO rebate tonight as well. I will be going in this evening to complete the purchase and will follow up with another update--or pictures of my new Lightning at home!

Do you mind messaging me who you dealt with so I can get straight to it when I go in?
Sponsored

OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Darn I’ve got the same dealer and my pro is suppose to be here any day now. I hope we can figure this out.
Good news for you and me assuming nothing changes between now and tonight! I will send you a message if all goes well tonight but hopefully your process should be a little bit more hassle free than mine. When is your expected delivery date?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Your my hero Tim! Now I can go back to being excited and stop stressing.
I wouldn't go that far. This war can be won only one battle at a time. You are not buying a Tesla or Rivian you know. I will be stressed until I drive it off the lot.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Good news for you and me assuming nothing changes between now and tonight! I will send you a message if all goes well tonight but hopefully your process should be a little bit more hassle free than mine. When is your expected delivery date?
My ETA starts today. 12/8 to 12/14. My truck arrived in Mira Loma 3 or 4 days ago so I assume its just waiting for a truck to drive it to Villa Ford. Thanks again for doing that and keep me updated with how it goes tonight.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
I wouldn't go that far. This war can be won only one battle at a time. You are not buying a Tesla or Rivian you know. I will be stressed until I drive it off the lot.
Absolutely but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Speaking of which. We got my wife's Tesla about 6 months ago and it was the most stress free buying experience I could imagine. This is a completely different animal but will hopefully pay off in the end.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
My ETA starts today. 12/8 to 12/14. My truck arrived in Mira Loma 3 or 4 days ago so I assume its just waiting for a truck to drive it to Villa Ford. Thanks again for doing that and keep me updated with how it goes tonight.
My delivery date bounced around a few times because it was stuck in Mira Loma for over 3 weeks. Both the sales reps said they are so backlogged at Mira Loma that some vehicles (mine included) were basically getting pushed and stuck in the back because there were so many vehicles being offloaded and then loaded up for transport. I believe they said like a 2000 or 2500 vehicle backlog or something like that but don't quote me on that. When I get home tonight I can send you a message with the sales people I spoke with and the name of the head sales manager if there is any issues. He is supposed to sign off on my price protection today so when you get yours in I would hope its a non issue on your end.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
My delivery date bounced around a few times because it was stuck in Mira Loma for over 3 weeks. Both the sales reps said they are so backlogged at Mira Loma that some vehicles (mine included) were basically getting pushed and stuck in the back because there were so many vehicles being offloaded and then loaded up for transport. I believe they said like a 2000 or 2500 vehicle backlog or something like that but don't quote me on that. When I get home tonight I can send you a message with the sales people I spoke with and the name of the head sales manager if there is any issues. He is supposed to sign off on my price protection today so when you get yours in I would hope its a non issue on your end.
Wow 3 weeks. I hope that's not the case. I actually don't know the exact date it arrived there. Only that I confirmed with Chat it was there about 4 days ago.

Thanks again for putting in the leg work.

OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Wow 3 weeks. I hope that's not the case. I actually don't know the exact date it arrived there. Only that I confirmed with Chat it was there about 4 days ago.

Thanks again for putting in the leg work.
Sending you a private message with the business cards of both individuals I spoke with. They were both very pleasant despite our disagreements. I don’t think at any point they were trying to knowingly cheat me but I just don’t think they were fully aware of how things were supposed to be handled regarding the price protection.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Good Luck and I hope you get your truck for what you expect.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
That is not correct. The $7000 private cash offer (PCO) reflects the change in price from the 2022 to 2023 reservations. The $5k price protection ensures pricing as of my order date, when the MSRP was $46k. Current MSRP is $51k.
They are two different situations.
In our build week thread there was a number of us with this same problem. Some got both at the time of the deal and some were promised the $5000 if the dealer gets it later.
My Pro sticker MSRP was $56954, was reduced at the time of deal to $43254. So out the door with tax, minor dealer fees and NY registration it was $47434

OP
OP

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
In our build week thread there was a number of us with this same problem. Some got both at the time of the deal and some were promised the $5000 if the dealer gets it later.
My Pro sticker MSRP was $56954, was reduced at the time of deal to $43254. So out the door with tax, minor dealer fees and NY registration it was $47434
That sounds about right. I only added in the bed mat and azure gray tri coat paint. So I should be $49,750 - 7000 PCO. So $42,750 plus taxes, fees, registration, etc. And then the federal and CA rebates afterwards. Crazy to think that I'll be around $35,000 when its all said and done!

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
That sounds about right. I only added in the bed mat and azure gray tri coat paint. So I should be $49,750 - 7000 PCO. So $42,750 plus taxes, fees, registration, etc. And then the federal and CA rebates afterwards. Crazy to think that I'll be around $35,000 when its all said and done!
Yep its a crazy deal! All us pro extenders hit the jackpot. Except I'm missing one key!
Sponsored