• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Confused about Price protection and Private offers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ER Lariat
Hi All, I placed my official order for an ER Lariat in June. In Aug, I was notified by Ford that I was being moved to 2023 with price protection. After lots of waiting, the truck is finally being built this week!

There's tons of threads on Private Offer and Price Protections, but i'm confused what actually applies in my case. Give the inconsistencies with dealerships, I'd love to understand exactly what to expect/push for.

Thanks!
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
If you were pushed from MY 22 to MY23 there will be a private offer in the SmartVincent system. The dealer can access this certificate in that system using your email, phone or reservation number (which converts to your order number and private offer certificate number). Lariat ER has a $8500 private offer. I far as I remember the Lariat ER did not have any MSRP increases since the initial MY 23 increase unlike the Pro and XLT. So you dont need to worry about price protection just the private offer MY23 transition.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
I just got the call that my Lariat ER is ready for pickup. Mine was a day one reservation converted to a MY23 truck. I was told I would get a $8500 private offer but the dealer is saying it’s not there and is refusing to do anything to help me. So after waiting almost 3 months since build start, and missing out on the $7500 tax credit, I’m now being told I’m missing out on the $8500 private offer. What a joke. I bought 6 Ford vehicles in the last 2 years and this is how I’m treated?
Any suggestions?

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I just got the call that my Lariat ER is ready for pickup. Mine was a day one reservation converted to a MY23 truck. I was told I would get a $8500 private offer but the dealer is saying it’s not there and is refusing to do anything to help me. So after waiting almost 3 months since build start, and missing out on the $7500 tax credit, I’m now being told I’m missing out on the $8500 private offer. What a joke. I bought 6 Ford vehicles in the last 2 years and this is how I’m treated?
Any suggestions?
Call ford customer service, they can easily look it up for you. I called them numerous times about the private offer

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve called - that is where I got confirmation that I qualified for it. Looks like I’m calling again.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Any suggestions?
Are you sure your dealer made the order using your original reservation and not a new order using one of their allocations ?

The reason I ask is that on the Mach E forum, there are some who had their dealer convert their '22 order into '23 without using the original order #.

Without the original order to use, Ford will not issue a PCO for the price difference from '22 to '23.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you sure your dealer made the order using your original reservation and not a new order using one of their allocations ?

The reason I ask is that on the Mach E forum, there are some who had their dealer convert their '22 order into '23 without using the original order #.

Without the original order to use, Ford will not issue a PCO for the price difference from '22 to '23.
I dI not believe that is the case but I will double check. One strange thing did happen - my dealer sold to someone else and my original deposit was refunded to the old dealer and then charged to the new one, but that was months before the order was switched to a MY23.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I’ve called - that is where I got confirmation that I qualified for it. Looks like I’m calling again.
ask them if they can email you something like a document, reference number, PCO number.. idk. something in writing for you to give to your dealership. That might help.
Sponsored