• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRO Model - No Heat from Vents

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Received 3 weeks ago, only about 700 miles on it - tried the heat yesterday as VT is starting to cool off for the next 7 months and only got ambient temps out of the vents regardless of where I set the thermostat. Anyone else have this issue yet? Already contacted dealer, will keep you posted.
Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Did you turn on the "E-heat" setting in the climate control window?

If it's not activated, the vehicle will only use heat from the battery and motors to heat the cabin. You have to activate E-heater to enable the resistive heating element

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
No need to try this yet in the TX area, but I did hit a button yeterday I had not looked at yet - this is on the 4A screen, but if I touch the button to redirect the air flow it brings up a whole new page of HVAC controls. One of those buttons is "E-Heat". I've got some research to do as I'm not sure exactly what that does, maybe allows me to turn the heat off or an override. I expect the truck to use the heater when I turn it on with the main controls and turn it off when not needed, but it seems there is an override here and maybe it is coming into play.

OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Did you turn on the "E-heat" setting in the climate control window?

If it's not activated, the vehicle will only use heat from the battery and motors to heat the cabin. You have to activate E-heater to enable the resistive heating element
Haven't messed around with that yet - will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Haven't messed around with that yet - will check it out. Thanks for the tip.
I found it by accident on my Pro. Press the button next to the auto fan button that pulls up the climate options.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
It's nice that it separates resistive heat from other heat. Sometimes you may have a short trip in the cold and not care if the car gets warm (you are already dressed for it) and there is no need to fire up a multi-Kw heater to blow warm air for 5 minutes, then have the car sit for hours. It probably does not make a huge difference in range, but it is the principle of it and if the drives are short distance can result in big increases in consumption per mile. Having an easy way to turn off e-heat is good. Not all EVs make it easy particularly when you need air (any air, it does not need to be hot) blowing over the windshield to see.

OP
OP
Blaster

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Heard that, now that I know where it is I look forward to toggling it in the future. I don't see that happening much the next while in VT though.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My understanding is that even with the E-heat activated, it will automatically kick over to using recaptured heat from the battery once enough is available. I plan on turning it on once it starts getting colder here so my truck can precondition with E-heat when plugged in, no range effect in that case.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It's nice that it separates resistive heat from other heat. Sometimes you may have a short trip in the cold and not care if the car gets warm (you are already dressed for it) and there is no need to fire up a multi-Kw heater to blow warm air for 5 minutes, then have the car sit for hours. It probably does not make a huge difference in range, but it is the principle of it and if the drives are short distance can result in big increases in consumption per mile. Having an easy way to turn off e-heat is good. Not all EVs make it easy particularly when you need air (any air, it does not need to be hot) blowing over the windshield to see.
I don’t disagree with this but for something like this I would think that EHeat button should be on the main screen not hidden in a second screen. Literally in 2 months I hadn’t even opened that screen. I would also hope that truly under a certain temperature it will come on automatically and I don’t have to force it on. I’ve got some reading to go understand how it operates.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
It comes on automatically on our MachE. I don't know if that's because my "Profile has the temperature set to 72" and if it's cooler outside I'll go to that screen and E-Heat is on which I turn off for range reasons as I don't need E-Heat. The system must engage whatever is necessary to reach the temperature set immediately.

I'll see E-Heat and A/c on at the same time.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
There seems to be a gap in the owners manual for the 12.3" screen. @Ford Motor Company some updates to the owners manual would be helpful. Also, it would be nice whenever E-heat is being used that it is indicated on on the display screen. (software update).

There is not any mention of the use of the HVAC options that are available on the 12.3" screen (like E-Heat). The owners manual only focuses on the instrument panel manual controls. I know when I switch to manual HVAC, those options pop-up on the 12.3" screen.

I think when the HVAC is in Auto mode (I have an XLT, not sure about the PRO), it will blend in heat automatically. E.G. if it is 50 degrees outside and I have the temperature controller set to 72 it will maintain 72. If I turn off the Automatic HVAC system then an option pops up on the 12.3" screen to select E-Heat or not. No mention of this in the owners manual for the 12.3" screen.

E-Heat is only mentioned twice in the owners manual and that is on the 15" screen. According to the owners manual E-heat is automatically on and must be manually turned off. The owners manual doesn't indicate if turning it off is a one time activity or if it must be done on each ignition cycle.
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO Model - No Heat from Vents 1663274356031

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I won't be using this feature in my Lightning so no worry about range loss.

It's too warm in So Cal in the fall and winter months for me to even think about cabin heating.

Even in December - January, I may use the seat heaters....
Sponsored