• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Proximity only key fob?

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
I hate how big the standard key fob is and @Ford Motor Company refuses to give a clear answer about the possibility of getting or upgrading to PaaK on my Pro. So I am looking for an alternative. Is there anyway to get a small proximity-only key fob (i.e., w/o key and buttons) while I wait for PaaK so I don’t have to haul around this obnoxiously large key fob in my pocket?
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I agree whole heartedly that key fob if comically large, it is quite annoying. It is easily 2 if not 3 times the size of my wife's Nissan key fob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Creative people with 3D printing skills have made alternate key shells for other brands. I had a dope TRD one for my Tacoma. You just crack open your key and move the guts over. Not sure if that is possible with the Ford key without damaging the original shell.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
There are no small proximity fobs that I've ever seen.
Sponsored