• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Purchase before delivery?

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
Build week of 5/23, thoughts on possibility of buying the truck before it’s delivered? Want to take advantage of low rates before they go up again…
Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I highly doubt any lender is going to give you a loan backed by a car that hasn't even arrived in your city yet....that being said, many lenders will lock rates for 30 days if you get preapproval.

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I highly doubt any lender is going to give you a loan backed by a car that hasn't even arrived in your city yet....that being said, many lenders will lock rates for 30 days if you get preapproval.
Maybe the lenders just learned the ropes and had to, but this happens every day with Tesla and several states. You can not buy a Tesla in TX. You sign the MVPA - Purchase Agreement electronically while the car is in CA. You then have your lender wire the money. The lenders will do that with your signed MVPA, then the car is shipped and delivered to you.

It may seem odd, but it does and can happen.

The easier part is what you note about 30 days rate lock. Most will do that.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I just went through this at my CU to try to lock in a 2.29% rate Tuesday before they moved to 2.79% Wednesday. Locked for 30 days, but the Loan Officer was clear they wouldn’t disperse the funds unless the vehicle landed on the lot….Rolling dice…..
Sponsored