• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Delivery Before PDI?

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I think it goes from Flat Rick straight to the various dealers. No need to go through a secondary lot
You think via truck direct to dealer in MD? My dealer suggested it would come via rail to Jessup then truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
You think via truck direct to dealer in MD? My dealer suggested it would come via rail to Jessup then truck.
Yup, it came direct. Left Flat Rock at 10:45p on Friday and arrived the late Saturday night. What dealer did you go with?

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Yup, it came direct. Left Flat Rock at 10:45p on Friday and arrived the late Saturday night. What dealer did you go with?
Preston Ford in Aberdeen. It's been 66 days since it was built and released for shipment.

OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
Preston Ford in Aberdeen. It's been 66 days since it was built and released for shipment.
This is what I don’t get. Why?!?! Just like another member is at Apple Ford with me and his still hasn't been delivered!

OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
No dice on pre-PDI delivery. They wouldn’t even let me drive the truck! I got in and activated Ford Pass after signing the paperwork so I can track it now. They said I should have it by lunch time tomorrow since PDI comes in at 9 and they need to clean it, fully charge, etc. Truck was at 90% which was nice, so I told them not to charge it any further. Only 10 miles on the odometer which isn’t bad, but Rouge is 19mi from Flat Rock so who knows!

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No dice on pre-PDI delivery. They wouldn’t even let me drive the truck! I got in and activated Ford Pass after signing the paperwork so I can track it now. They said I should have it by lunch time tomorrow since PDI comes in at 9 and they need to clean it, fully charge, etc. Truck was at 90% which was nice, so I told them not to charge it any further. Only 10 miles on the odometer which isn’t bad, but Rouge is 19mi from Flat Rock so who knows!
Not surprised at this at all. They also need to see if there are any required updates in FDRS. Doubtful, but they usually check.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
How were you able to track it was on convoy and time out of FRock?

OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
How were you able to track it was on convoy and time out of FRock?
Ford Customer Service chat told me the time it left Flat Rock and who the carrier was. I went by dealer during the day and it hadnt arrived. Woke up Sunday to the delivered status on the tracker (no email) and went and saw it

OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
Not surprised at this at all. They also need to see if there are any required updates in FDRS. Doubtful, but they usually check.
Yea, I wasn’t surprised and didn’t give any issues about it. Just disappointed to be so close haha. Oh well, less than 24 hours now! Already sold my ICE

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Yea, I wasn’t surprised and didn’t give any issues about it. Just disappointed to be so close haha. Oh well, less than 24 hours now! Already sold my ICE
Where did you sell your ICE?

OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
Where did you sell your ICE?
AutoNation in Laurel, MD. In and out in about 90 minutes with money in my account 15 minutes after leaving. I got about 10% less going to a dealer but it was smoother, don’t have to worry about scammers or really put in any work for listing
Sponsored