• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Delivery Before PDI?

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
So here’s the situation. My truck was delivered to dealer late Saturday night. Dealer is closed Sunday but Sales is open Monday (Labor Day) while service is not. Therefore, salesman said they can’t do PDI on my truck until Tuesday!! He said I can come do the paperwork though. So my question is, can I take the truck home for day before PDI? Like an extended test drive? Or do I absolutely have to wait? I don’t want my truck sitting there for a day while other people have the opportunity to touch it haha
Sponsored

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
You probably don't want to do that considering there could paint issues etc.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've read others post the dealer service department does not want the truck on the road until they confirm that any pending updates are loaded to the truck.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I've test drove an ICE F-150 before the PDI was done; right off the delivery truck basically. They wouldn't let me take it home though. I completed the paperwork and came back the next day to pick it up after the PDI was done.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I've read others post the dealer service department does not want the truck on the road until they confirm that any pending updates are loaded to the truck.
I get it and don't disagree, however it is really kind of funny since most of these dealers struggle with any kind of updates anyway.

OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
I looked at it today, it was actually pretty clean and I didn’t see any chips or dents but I get what everyone is saying, that’s why I’m hoping it’s a situation where I can get dealer tags and just drive it home, that’s all I want to do!

Reactions: GDN

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
mine arrive at 5pm on a Tuesday, just as the 'service department' closed, while I watched. I told my salesman that I had already paid for the truck, had the temporary tag in my hand, and WILL BE taking the truck home TODAY.
He balked, said the service people had already left and I would have to wait until tomorrow, when they could 'get to it'... ha....no way, I wasn't taking NO for an answer.

So, I used another tactic: Money.

$100 bill solved the problem.

My baby was home within the hour.

Funny how that works.

OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
mine arrive at 5pm on a Tuesday, just as the 'service department' closed, while I watched. I told my salesman that I had already paid for the truck, had the temporary tag in my hand, and WILL BE taking the truck home TODAY.
He balked, said the service people had already left and I would have to wait until tomorrow, when they could 'get to it'... ha....no way, I wasn't taking NO for an answer.

So, I used another tactic: Money.

$100 bill solved the problem.

My baby was home within the hour.

Funny how that works.
Yea I think I read that on anther thread that you said. Problem here is they aren’t there to begin with so it’s not like I’m paying someone to stay late, they just aren’t there!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yep, I happened to get 'lucky' and caught the truck coming into the dealership, and had already texted my salesman - giving him the head's up. One of the service people happened to still be 'around', and my salesman was able to catch him and 'ask' if he'd like $100 bill to stay 15 minutes and get it done.

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
I get it and don't disagree, however it is really kind of funny since most of these dealers struggle with any kind of updates anyway.
They won't do any updates that are not a delivery hold recall. It is not part of pdi process.

OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
They won't do any updates that are not a delivery hold recall. It is not part of pdi process.
So sir, do you think I can strong arm getting my truck tomorrow and return the next day for PDI?

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
So sir, do you think I can strong arm getting my truck tomorrow and return the next day for PDI?
Doubtful...but never say never. If they won't get the PDI done I don't understand the need to do the paperwork.

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Congrats on getting your truck! Do you know it's route of flight Dearborn to MD? Did it go through Jessup? Fellow Terp wants to know. Tx

Reactions: kab
OP
OP

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self-Employed
Congrats on getting your truck! Do you know it's route of flight Dearborn to MD? Did it go through Jessup? Fellow Terp wants to know. Tx
I think it goes from Flat Rick straight to the various dealers. No need to go through a secondary lot
Sponsored