• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Redeeming Ford Pass Rewards Points

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
Actually, this is very dealer-dependent. A dealer has 4 areas you could possibly use points.

1) New car purchase
2) Service work payment
3) Body shop payment
4) Parts purchase

Dealerships cannot decide on #1, Ford determines that. However, they CAN determine if they will take points for things like their in-house body shop.

And, while they may take your points for a parts purchase, BUYER BEWARE. Many dealerships sell online for less than they sell at retail. In fact, many dealerships have multiple online ports, for example one through parts.ford.com, and one under their own domain name with different pricing (their own domain name likely cheaper). They MAY only take the FordPass points at the counter on a retail purchase (at full price). My dealership is like this, but I got the GM to override it for me and let me buy at the internet price.

Here's a pricing example:

Floor mats for Mach-E, MSRP of $185.00 at parts counter.
Price on parts.ford.com at my dealership - $155.40.
Price on my dealership's parts website - $145.04.

The dealership knows of the price differences between parts.ford.com and their website, it's to cover what they have to pay Ford.

So while it may be great to use points for a $185 purchase, I'd rather pay $145.04 and use my points on something else, or fight to get them to take the points for the $145.04 purchase.
thank you for keeping me honest. I admit I didn't realize some of what you're saying. 😳
Sponsored