• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Replaced OEM tires with Michelin Defender LTX M/S2

OP
OP
kbuicker

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
YES, a lot of my driving is highway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kbuicker

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Notice any change in traction on hard acceleration? Noise? Efficiency?

I will likely either get these for the range and tread life, or maybe the Toyo AT3 EV when/if they make them in 18s, and is people report acceptable range.
I am VERY picky, and these have impressed me on every count. Every count.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Finally, someone other than General or Good Year making a 116 H tire for those with A/S OEM tires. Will be interesting to see how these do compared to the General or Good Year OEM tires that Ford is using for the all season tires on the Lightning.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kbuicker

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I really like these. I have almost 10k on them. Great tires.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Those will be my tires when needed. I'm at 19500 miles and looking good still.
The way I drive it will be around 40000 when i need tires.

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
Finally, someone other than General or Good Year making a 116 H tire for those with A/S OEM tires. Will be interesting to see how these do compared to the General or Good Year OEM tires that Ford is using for the all season tires on the Lightning.
are you referencing the speed rating H? why do we care lightning can only do 110 mph max.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I just had these put on a month ago at the dealership I bought the truck from. Believe it or not, Shultz Ford in Harmarville, PA gave me the best price I could find. $1270 including 7% sales tax, wheel weights, tire disposal. Plus there was a $100 rebate gift card. So don't overlook your dealership when getting prices.
So far they ride great. I'm not noticing any additional noise.
Range differences aren't noticeable in my daily driving but I did tow my 19' camper to a state park I've gone to 4 other times since I got the Lightning. Here is where I could document some range reduction of between 10-15%. The campground in 145 miles from home. On previous trips I've charged to 100% and averaged 1.3 mi/kW which means I can make it there with around 16% of my battery remaining. I only have one DCFC possibility on route so I have to make the call to stop there about 85 miles into the trip. This time I realized I wasn't going to make it so I would have to go the fast charger. I was averaging 1.1 mi/kW driving the same route, speeds, and temps as I've done before. The return trip proved the results. So yes there is a small range reduction which doesn't amount to a lot in normal driving. But towing, when I'm down in the 1+ mi/kW it is a major difference.
That is a real bummer because the EA station is about 3 miles off I80 in DuBois which takes at least 10 minutes each way, plus the time to charge.
Still, I'm happy with the tires.
Sponsored