• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OEM Hankook tires

Slohry

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E, 2019 Ford Fusio
Occupation
Musician
I absolutely love my truck. But my 2022 Lariat Lightning has 22,000 miles on it and all 4 tires are Hankook dynapro and came from the Ford factory. The inner and outer edges of all 4 tires are worn bald. Inflation is kept to 47-51 psi. Took it to the local dealer for recall work and showed them the tires. Ford said Hankook considers this normal wear and won't warranty or pro-rate. Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
No

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
Mine were like that - started wearing noticeably at 5,000 miles and just got worse. I swapped them at a little over 40K for Falken Wildpeak AT III in the LT size - heavy, but the range hit seems minimal and the ride is actually a great improvement. And they are actual AT tires, not the Suburban Assault Tires that came with the truck.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I absolutely love my truck. But my 2022 Lariat Lightning has 22,000 miles on it and all 4 tires are Hankook dynapro and came from the Ford factory. The inner and outer edges of all 4 tires are worn bald. Inflation is kept to 47-51 psi. Took it to the local dealer for recall work and showed them the tires. Ford said Hankook considers this normal wear and won't warranty or pro-rate. Anyone else having this issue?
Are these the Hankook Dynapro AT's? Mine are supposed to be kept at 36 psi per the tire and the door, I keep them at 40psi. I have over 20,000 miles on mine in the past year and are actually still in good shape, should get another 20k out of them if the wear keeps up.

Sponsored

jimallen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I also have a 22 Lariat with the factory Hankook Dynapro AT/2's. 42k miles and they are nearing replacement range. They do wear on the edges.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are these the Hankook Dynapro AT's? Mine are supposed to be kept at 36 psi per the tire and the door, I keep them at 40psi.
Mine were, and I kept them a little below 40, but higher than 36. Dealer wanted me to pay for an alignment at less than 5,000, and I refused. Maybe that would have helped, but by then the tires clearly weren't going to last very long anyway. They ended up wearing inside and out, so probably not an alignment problem anyway.

Some have opined that driving habits are to blame, but I don't drive particularly aggressively and the vast majority of my driving is highway commuting. In any event, I was never happy with them in rain or snow, and I am glad to be rid of them.

OP
OP
Slohry

Slohry

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician
IMO if these have a 60,000 mile warranty and they wear it in 22,000 miles the manufacturer should replace them or at least pro-rated the tire. I failed to mention that I paid Ford $400 at time of order for upgraded tires and they installed stock.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good luck with that. I am still bitter that I paid for All Terrain tires, got what Ford calls All Terrain tires ("all terrain" to them must mean uphill and downhill paved roads) and missed out on a $7,500 state incentive because the AT tires lowered the GVWR by a couple hundred pounds. Entirely my fault, but it would have been easier to take if I actually got AT tires - or at least decent tires.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I know some OEM tire warranties are different from retail purchase warranties. You can google Original Equipment Hankook Tire Warranty and a five page document will appear.
If you can figure out what the warranty is after reading that document, you are a better man than me.

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I switched to Michelin Defender Platinum LT265/60R20 and haven't looked back. 70k mile, super quiet, EV truck heavy duty certified. Love them.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I only have 5k on my 23 lariat and have not noticed much wear yet. I anticipated that these Hankook tires would not last and most likely with the weight of this truck tires of any type will wear out sooner than expected. I feel though that the trade off of not much maintenance needed on this truck makes up for it.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
The issue is driving habits. The Lightning is a very capable vehicle which can feel like a sports car but it's 7,000 lbs give or take without much load. The faster you go while turning the more the sidewall flexes and the more the edges of the tire are exposed to pavement. If it were a rubber compound issue the tread would be wearing quickly as well.

If you want your tires to last a long time slow down when changing direction. Otherwise, enjoy the truck and factor in new tires to your enjoyment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slohry

Slohry

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician
Are these the Hankook Dynapro AT's? Mine are supposed to be kept at 36 psi per the tire and the door, I keep them at 40psi. I have over 20,000 miles on mine in the past year and are actually still in good shape, should get another 20k out of them if the wear keeps up.
Yes, Dynapro. The tire and dealer recommended 47 to 51 psi. As of today Hankook considers it "normal wear" and refuses to even look at pictures or investigate. Now I'm dealing with Ford Motors (not dealer) to resolve this issue.
Sponsored