• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reservation Screen Changed- Locked into specific trim

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I never received an invite for 2022 and I've been waiting for the 2023 ordering to open up. I'm hoping to get a pro. Now, on the main page it says :
2022 F-150 LIGHTNING XLT
Reservation

and on the click in to the reservation it says:

YOUR RESERVATION
FOR THE ALL NEW FORD F-150 LIGHTNING XLT
Sponsored

jtownsend2266

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Mine says the same thing.

Ford F-150 Lightning Reservation Screen Changed- Locked into specific trim 2022-08-03_09-41-36

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
We have seen that pop up a few times in the past. Just a website glitch as they are updating things. I would ignore it.

OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One thought I had was, during wave 6 my dealer had called me when he was looking for Lariat buyers and I had said I was leaning towards Pro/XLT. It was a 15 second conversation out-of-the-blue. I was wondering if I was somehow marked down as XLT from that.

If the rumored first 2 waves are carry over PRO followed by Carry over XLT, then it could point towards them pre-slotting people.

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
One thought I had was, during wave 6 my dealer had called me when he was looking for Lariat buyers and I had said I was leaning towards Pro/XLT. It was a 15 second conversation out-of-the-blue. I was wondering if I was somehow marked down as XLT from that.

If the rumored first 2 waves are carry over PRO followed by Carry over XLT, then it could point towards them pre-slotting people.
Don't think so. Told my dealer I wanted a Lariat ER and my res screen also now says 'XLT'.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

Did you reserve from your dealer or did you reserve via Ford.com ?

On wave 7 orders, dealers did call customers to inquire about available Lariat trims.

Wave 6 for me was a standard email and text from Ford directly where I placed my order online.

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
My page changed too, but says pro. I extended my reservation for the pro.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I guess we'll know in a week, but this has the potential to be a mess if dealers were somewhat arbitrarily marking people down for trims that were then fed into the system. Even if someone is in the first PRO wave would they really be stopped from choosing a Lariat, or are they just getting first shot at picking before the PRO's are all taken. Likewise for the XLT wave. Will they get a choice from whatever is available regardless of being in the wave for being carried over for XLT. Inquiring minds want to know.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
I think they pushed changes via a major “release” to ford.com last night. Some of the landing page info for the specific reservation ordering status have changed. Obviously. I now don’t have the vertical reserved, ordered, built, shipped details. I’m a 5/20/21 reserve, wave 3 order, production scheduled date of 7/11 but none of that is visible now. I am again as of this push approved for $110k of financing. I’m sure the IT / Technology Developers are scrambling today to fix defects from this release. Might take a few days to clean up the biggest.

OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do any reservation holders have no specific trim called out on their reservation page at the moment?

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My page changed as well. It is correct as far as the trim level that i ordered. The one thing i found interesting is that the place order check box went from in progress to complete and changed from blue to green with a check mark, yet it does not say i was scheduled for production yet or give me a vin through the backdoor code.

tankengr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2023 F150 Lightning (hopefully)
Occupation
retired engineer

MIne also has changed to XLT and I've had no contact with anyone.
Sponsored