• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rouge Plant Workdays and Shifts

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
There are 3 crews of production.

A Crew works dayshift on Mondays through Thursday. 10 hours a day.
B Crew works afternoon shift Tuesday through Friday. 10 hours a day.
C Crew works Friday and Saturday on days, Sunday and Monday on afternoons. 10 hours a day.

Saturday afternoons and Sunday days are usually used for maintenance, but in the past before COVID, "Super Saturdays or Sundays" or "Super Weekends" have been used to run overtime shifts of production.

I'm not sure exactly the crew or shift situation in the REVC, but I know Ford eventually wants to have the 3 crew system over there.
Pioneer74, do you know how far they may have gotten with the 6/18 blend date trucks before they shut down for two weeks? I'm curious because my blend date was that day, but am not getting modules popping up. So i figured i'm delayed two weeks.. But my dealer called me today saying my estimated delivery date is July 14-20 (which is impossible if they didn't finish my truck before shutdown. ) So do they finish building whatever they started, or do they just stop the lines and pick up after shut down?
Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Pioneer74, do you know how far they may have gotten with the 6/18 blend date trucks before they shut down for two weeks? I'm curious because my blend date was that day, but am not getting modules popping up. So i figured i'm delayed two weeks.. But my dealer called me today saying my estimated delivery date is July 14-20 (which is impossible if they didn't finish my truck before shutdown. ) So do they finish building whatever they started, or do they just stop the lines and pick up after shut down?
When are they opening up shop again? lol

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don't have knowledge of build status. The only data I would have is whatever is in the Vehicle Visibility system, same as your dealer.

Most shutdowns, the only parts of the lines that are completely emptied are the sections we are working on. The line is just stopped and partially built trucks sit there until production starts back up. But the REVC is different with the AGV's, so I don't know how they are handling it.

If they are reprogramming AGV paths trying to integrate some of the building expansion, I would have to assume the line was completely emptied. But I don't know what they are working on.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I don't have knowledge of build status. The only data I would have is whatever is in the Vehicle Visibility system, same as your dealer.

Most shutdowns, the only parts of the lines that are completely emptied are the sections we are working on. The line is just stopped and partially built trucks sit there until production starts back up. But the REVC is different with the AGV's, so I don't know how they are handling it.

If they are reprogramming AGV paths trying to integrate some of the building expansion, I would have to assume the line was completely emptied. But I don't know what they are working on.
That's pretty much how i was picturing it...my truck sitting there half built waiting for them to flip the switches back on lol... Thanks for info on how the shutdowns work. Much appreciated.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red

How much longer will they be shut down for?

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I want your dealer and his intel source….I’m a 6/10 Blend and today dealer says my VVR has no ETA🤔

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
How much longer will they be shut down for?
Looks like 7/11 is the first week that they back in production, since 7/4 has nothing slated.

Does anyone know if the shipping (convoy/rail) is stopped during this time as well, or just the base production?

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I want your dealer and his intel source….I’m a 6/10 Blend and today dealer says my VVR has no ETA🤔
That's why I'm stumped. He calls me out of the blue that eta delivery date popped up today on his computer..i asked him how he has a date if my ford.com status shows still in production and i have no modules. He said he doesn't know but that's what his system is showing at the dealership. Ford chat this evening said it's still in production.

All i know is that all this wishy-washy delivery date stuff is really killing my anticipated timing for selling my current car like it is for others as well.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
That's why I'm stumped. He calls me out of the blue that eta delivery date popped up today on his computer..i asked him how he has a date if my ford.com status shows still in production and i have no modules. He said he doesn't know but that's what his system is showing at the dealership. Ford chat this evening said it's still in production.

All i know is that all this wishy-washy delivery date stuff is really killing my anticipated timing for selling my current car like it is for others as well.
He mistakenly clicked on the wrong order and did not realize it?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
You should make it, but we were real close. I think we had like 3 amps to spare. We also have gas cooking and a gas dryer And had to run a 100 amp circuit across the length of the house in order to get it to the garage. Since my truck will not fit in the garage, I will install the charger on the exterior wall so that it is accessible from the driveway. The electrician installed a power cutoff switch in the garage and will come back for the actual install of the charging station when we get it. Unfortunately, because of the way the original permit was pulled by the electrician, we will have to get a second permit for the actual installation of the charging station.
It should be noted that NEC load calculations are very conservative. Don’t lose any sleep over the calculation being within 3A of max! I’d be curious if he used the standard or optional calculation method.

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It should be noted that NEC load calculations are very conservative. Don’t lose any sleep over the calculation being within 3A of max! I’d be curious if he used the standard or optional calculation method.
Before we even hired an electrician (who btw does most of the Tesla installs in our County), my wife who is an engineer in the Building Dept. worked with the electrical plan reviewer to do a preliminary calculation. She pulled the actual amperage for each appliance and HVAC component And applied the formula for square footage as well. This calc was conservative and we are fortunat that we chose a gas dryer when the house was built. Otherwise, we would not have made it. The code inspector said that the was likewise conservative because he included some items that were not required. That said, I’d rather have safe than sorry.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Before we even hired an electrician (who btw does most of the Tesla installs in our County), my wife who is an engineer in the Building Dept. worked with the electrical plan reviewer to do a preliminary calculation. She pulled the actual amperage for each appliance and HVAC component And applied the formula for square footage as well. This calc was conservative and we are fortunat that we chose a gas dryer when the house was built. Otherwise, we would not have made it. The code inspector said that the was likewise conservative because he included some items that were not required. That said, I’d rather have safe than sorry.
I didn’t mean to imply that anything was done incorrectly. Sorry if it came across that way. Sounds like a job well done.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn’t mean to imply that anything was done incorrectly. Sorry if it came across that way. Sounds like a job well done.
No offense was taken or thought. I was just describing our due diligence because I am very risk adverse. I have seen too many things go sideways in my years with the fire and EMS service.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Has anyone actually received a truck in the last two weeks?

dfoisy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
Looks like good coverage and not insane rotating shifts like I had in my Air Traffic Control days. Thanks for the information!
Tell me about it! 31 years of Air Traffic. Retired 9 and a half years ago and a regular sleep schedule feels great!
Sponsored