• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Service History at Ford.com and FordPass App

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I had fairly extensive warranty repairs done at my Ford dealership in January of this year. None of the repairs appear in my Service History at Ford.com or the FordPass app. Prior service for accessory installation at the same dealership does appear in both locations. I had a case number assigned a few months ago, but I never received a response from Ford. I have had multiple chat sessions with Ford on the topic. "Customer Service" at Ford.com refers me to FordPass app "Customer Service." FordPass app customer service refers me to Ford.com customer service ... 2 complete rounds of this.

I was told that I could manually enter a service at my Ford.com account. I initially resisted since I had 9 different items to enter. I finally gave up and tried to manually enter the service items yesterday at Ford.com. After entering all the details and clicking on "Save", I received an error message to refresh and try again. Of course, when I refreshed it wiped out all of my data. So, I re-entered everything, and the same error message appeared again. I have new case number assigned for the manual enter not working.

Has anyone else had experience with this issue?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Given that all your service is listed for your vehicle in Ford's systems, don't worry about it.

OP
OP
Lytning

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Given that all your service is listed for your vehicle in Ford's systems, don't worry about it.
I am not worried about it. I just want access to the issues and repair records for my truck. I can't view what is in Ford's systems. They offer to provide that information via both website and app, and then don't actually provide it. That is the problem I am attempting to get resolved.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Hope this thread is not too old to revive. When another forum member mentioned the other day that CSP notices were available through the FordPass app, I looked at the Services tab applets for the first time (since I've had no real service since I got my truck May 5th - and shortly thereafter for a month or two, I think the Service History log was blank).

Now, there are some entries. I noticed, for example, that the Ford Protect Extended Service Warranty that I purchased from Granger on 5/8/23 is listed at DOUBLE the amount that I paid ($2,890 instead of $1,445). There are a couple of dealer visits where my charge is listed as $0.00 but presumably the dealer is charging Ford for work done. For two of the service visits, the work done is listed for each as "OTHER" and "UNKNOWN" items.

Is any of this terrible bookkeeping of consequence to the vehicle owner? Hopefully, somewhere in the Ford system there is a better and more detailed record of what actually transpired at each visit - although I already learned from a visit to two Red McCombs Ford dealerships in San Antonio that nothing done at one dealer is accessible to service reps at the other dealership even though both dealerships are under the same McCombs conglomerate umbrella. Are mistakes like the Granger one just from someone who doesn't give a blip carelessly typing stuff into the FordPass system? (I like to know what other folks who bought the Granger Ford Protect Extended Warranty see in their Service History log).

If Ford wants trust and enthusiasm from its vehicle owners, it's got to do a better job on its recordkeeping. Otherwise, the FordPass app just serves as a constant reminder of its weaknesses as a modern company in the 21st century.

BTW, the Granger "service history" was listed as two items: "Air Conditioning & Heating" and "Unknown." :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Hope this thread is not too old to revive. When another forum member mentioned the other day that CSP notices were available through the FordPass app, I looked at the Services tab applets for the first time (since I've had no real service since I got my truck May 5th - and shortly thereafter for a month or two, I think the Service History log was blank).

Now, there are some entries. I noticed, for example, that the Ford Protect Extended Service Warranty that I purchased from Granger on 5/8/23 is listed at DOUBLE the amount that I paid ($2,890 instead of $1,445). There are a couple of dealer visits where my charge is listed as $0.00 but presumably the dealer is charging Ford for work done. For two of the service visits, the work done is listed for each as "OTHER" and "UNKNOWN" items.

Is any of this terrible bookkeeping of consequence to the vehicle owner? Hopefully, somewhere in the Ford system there is a better and more detailed record of what actually transpired at each visit - although I already learned from a visit to two Red McCombs Ford dealerships in San Antonio that nothing done at one dealer is accessible to service reps at the other dealership even though both dealerships are under the same McCombs conglomerate umbrella. Are mistakes like the Granger one just from someone who doesn't give a blip carelessly typing stuff into the FordPass system? (I like to know what other folks who bought the Granger Ford Protect Extended Warranty see in their Service History log).

If Ford wants trust and enthusiasm from its vehicle owners, it's got to do a better job on its recordkeeping. Otherwise, the FordPas app just serves as a constant reminder of its weaknesses as a modern company in the 21st century.

BTW, the Granger "service history" was listed as two items: "Air Conditioning & Heating" and "Unknown." :rolleyes:
I think the value shown is the MSRP of the plan vs what we actually paid. The rest of the stuff is just what your dealer entered for that service.
The only consequence is generating posts like this one. 😂
Sponsored