• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Simple Steel Wheels....

thorndike

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
I am looking for a set of simple steel wheels to mount my snow tires on. I have looked at the usual places, but the only thing I can find are fancier wheels. For winter, I just want plain steel. I have a 2023 Platinum with 22" wheels but would be fine with smaller wheels and tires. I have the Max tow package and wondered if the 18" wheels will fit over the brakes. If not, I will look for 20". 18" and 20" tires and wheels seem to be more available.

Does anyone know where I can find simple wheels?

EDIT: TireRack carries the steelies, but they are out of stock.
Sponsored

Last edited:

brownhousechris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I am looking for a set of simple steel wheels to mount my snow tires on. I have looked at the usual places, but the only thing I can find are fancier wheels. For winter, I just want plain steel. I have a 2023 Platinum with 22" wheels but would be fine with smaller wheels and tires. I have the Max tow package and wondered if the 18" wheels will fit over the brakes. If not, I will look for 20". 18" and 20" tires and wheels seem to be more available.

Be careful, I bought the tire rack 17" steel wheels for my XLT (18" stock), and they do NOT fit

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
There's only one brake option on Lightnings. 18" stock wheels will fit a Platinum. I assume aftermarket 18" wheels would fit too but I can't be certain.

Where do you live? I've run stock 22" all-seasons and stock 20" ATs on snow and slush in Michigan and see no reason to use winter tires. It handles really well.

OP
OP

thorndike

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
There's only one brake option on Lightnings. 18" stock wheels will fit a Platinum. I assume aftermarket 18" wheels would fit too but I can't be certain.

Where do you live? I've run stock 22" all-seasons and stock 20" ATs on snow and slush in Michigan and see no reason to use winter tires. It handles really well.
I live in the Colorado rockies at 8400'. Our dirt road is quite steep and snow and ice can stay all winter.

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning

I never found any suitable steelies when I looked last year. The 17" ones, I think we've recently confirmed, don't actually clear the brakes - and I couldn't find an in-stock 18" steel option that had a published load rating adequate for the ER truck.

Here's what I did find. I could dig up the part number for the 64H wheel if you can't find it yourself - might help searching for them on eBay. They are the cheapest option, it seems.

SilverKlister

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
I also searched out steelies, and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I ended up picking up Ford factory take off rims for $600 shipped to my door. I personally like the 44mm factory offset, and I plan on keeping my truck for a while, so the cost for the alloys will be spread out over many years.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I try not to offend, however, I'm a bit opinionated on this one. Why would you uglify your beautiful Platinum Lightning with steelies when you can find a nice, new or nearly new pair of factory take-offs? Run factory 18" or 20" with snows and at least it looks decent and the price is nearly the same.
My winters are on 2020 20" black factory takeoffs that look decent (to me) and I paid just over $100/wheel. They are readily available and the price is about the same as setting up with steelies.
If you have a dark horse, one of my fellow Canadian Lightning owners did this with his winters with recent ICE wheels. Looks really good IMHO.
Ford F-150 Lightning Simple Steel Wheels.... 1701299134963

SilverKlister

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Those wheels look great on your truck! Wish I could've scored my wheels at that price too!

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
eBay is a good source for takeoff wheels from other F-150s. For example here’s some 18” steel wheels for $111 each shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2041597964...rtbpiyzrmg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Those charcoal rims that Adventureboy are also all over the place and I think they look super sharp as well. eBay has those for around $180 each and that’s probably because of shipping but I bet you could find them cheaper if you found someone local.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Those wheels look great on your truck! Wish I could've scored my wheels at that price too!
To be fair, he paid more for his wheels than I did for mine (mine are the black 2020 20" in my profile pic), but I'd have paid the difference for these ones.

scottsherriffs

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT SR
I don't know what options Ford is offering in the US (if any), but up here in Canada Ford is offer Winter Performance Packages for their vehicles, including the Lightning. I was able to get a set of 18" Lightning rims, TPMS sensors, and Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV tires for $2564 CAD (+ tax). The breakdown of that price was basically:

$225 per rim = $900
$50 per TPMS = $200
$325 per tire = $1300
mount/balance/receycling fee = $164

The real bonus in that Ford Canada included 40,000 ($200) Bonus FordPass points on top of the standard points that come with this purhase, so I ended up with rougly $325 CAD in FordPass Points. Some local dealers wanted close to $3000 CAD for this package but I lucked out and found the $2564 CAD from a local dealer. Don't know if this would be considered a good deal in the US, as with the current exchange rate it would be about $1900 USD. They also had other packages with less expensive winter tires for as low as $2122 CAD (about $1560 USD). Love the way the rims/tires look and glad to not have to worry about fitment/clearnance issues or weight capcity of the rims.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: