• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Software update via flash drive sent to dealer?

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
Took my truck in to the dealership for a software issue on my sync 4. Screen going black while driving.

They said it needs an update and that the update is being mailed to the dealership on a flash drive?????? Is this for real or potentially 1995.

Really, does anyone have any insider knowledge on this. Are the BSing me and stalling?
Sponsored

Last edited:

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Internet downloads can be corrupted in transmission due to a lot of reasons. I guess the same can be said with copying files to any transportable media.

Steve23

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150- King Ranch
Occupation
Fire
I can confirm the flash drive will not fix your problem. Gave me a new APIM and all problems have been fixed, so far fingers crossed.

OP
OP

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
I can confirm the flash drive will not fix your problem. Gave me a new APIM and all problems have been fixed, so far fingers crossed.
Thanks! That’s what I’m worried about. I tried to call the service manager today and he’s “out sick” again. Thanks again for the response
Sponsored