• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Software updates missing menu's?

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Has anyone else ran across this issue? I seemed to have lost the ability to toggle automatic updates and setting my update schedule.
Ford F-150 Lightning Software updates missing menu's? PXL_20230119_172758155
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Sometimes it takes a while to show up. Or turn off, lock and then unlock the truck. Should be there.

OP
OP

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I have done that multiple times and reset the sync system via the steering wheel. This has been this way for over a week now. I have started a case with Ford support and they are escalating the issue. But figured I'd pick the forum's brain in the mean time.

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Did you try a hard rest by disconnecting the 12V battery for a few min. I believe it has fixed other problems asked in this forum.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I just tried the hard reset by disconnecting the negative terminal on the 12V battery. Same screen. No additional menus

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Consultant
Same situation. Reset didn’t solve it. Would you let us know what you hear from Ford?

alanack

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y-2022, F150 Platinum-2018
I have the same problem. Tried sync reset, 12v battery disconnect, steering wheel reboot. Still do not have any settings within the software update screen. Yesterday however, I received update to 3.5.3, and then 3.5.4. Still no menus or options within software update screen.

OP
OP

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I figured out that my problem was tied to my truck being linked with a fleet account and fleet telematics. Once I removed the vehicle from the telematics, all of the options came back. I'm not sure if that solution will work for you if your truck is not a fleet vehicle.

Sponsored

alanack

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y-2022, F150 Platinum-2018
I figured out that my problem was tied to my truck being linked with a fleet account and fleet telematics. Once I removed the vehicle from the telematics, all of the options came back. I'm not sure if that solution will work for you if your truck is not a fleet vehicle.
mine is not a fleet vehicle

Jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Consultant
How many reset options are there to try? I’m aware of the ‘steering wheel’ reset and ‘disconnect 12v battery’ reset. Any others worth trying?

RGLightning

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
How were you able to unlink it from fleet telematics? I’m having the same issues. My Telematics button has a lock on it. Thanks.

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
How did you do this? I’m having the same issue now. Telematics is locked and says to contact vehicle owner…

OP
OP

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
@thedadlegend I had to contact my ford pro rep and have them decomission and remove the vehicle from the telematics essentials. I dont know if that is what fully solved the problem or not. They said there would be a future update to fix it. My truck is part of a fleet but im also the manager of the fleet and didnt have to worry about my truck having to be part of the program.
Sponsored