• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Software Updates

drummer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 22 F-150 Lightning Lariet
Hello, I tried searching to forum but can’t seem to find an answer. I apologize if this has been covered.
Ford F-150 Lightning Software Updates 3BC1B8CA-FD75-41B1-8981-6055855EEA8D

I received my truck in August. I haven’t gotten an update since then. My truck is on Wi-Fi, I have the auto updates on, I have updates scheduled, I have a departure time set, I’ve done everything I can think of to get the truck updated but nothing. The software version showing in my app is 3.2.0. It seems like folks are on to version 3.5.X here.

Am I missing something?

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Updates 565FBAE7-9E96-4773-B62A-4B43321A53B9

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Updates 03011E20-6DD5-4F59-AC50-F89A2819DE73

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Updates E4507FEB-AD47-477D-9D42-509A7DBEADFC

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Updates 4B4BC3A1-A482-4E9D-A1F3-053D06834CB0
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You will need to continue the wait until the next increment loads to your truck, could be days/weeks.

OP
OP
drummer

drummer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You will need to continue the wait until the next increment loads to your truck, could be days/weeks.
Thanks @TaxmanHog. I didn’t know if I was doing something wrong or not. Is the app the right spot to find out what version of the software you have? I noticed I had a message from Sept 14 that says I received 3.5.2 but the vehicle/features & settings/software updates says I was updated in August to 3.2.0.

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Updates 1655D49F-5903-46F3-B4C9-E9360FD70E83

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Updates 7B7B717B-819B-4487-90D1-7BC95B22610E

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Have you tried connecting the truck your regular WiFi network for a few days?

I'm asking because it appears to be on a separate IoT network you have set up that could have some access limitations. I'm no expert on networking, but have had similar problems with devices not having the access they need when dealing with IoT/Guest network voodoo.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Under "Schedule Updates", go in and select every day. Have a good cellular connection to AT&T is helpful.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like you're up to 3.5.2 based on the screen shot from the app notification history.
ditto what the guys said above.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

I'm asking because it appears to be on a separate IoT network you have set up that could have some access limitations. I'm no expert on networking, but have had similar problems with devices not having the access they need when dealing with IoT/Guest network voodoo.
WiFi connection will have no impact as updates have been cellular.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I had the same issue with a July delivery - 6 weeks and nothing - tried everything (parking brake on, locked, good cellular location parking overnights, etc).

Finally submitted feedback for software update from the Sync screen and next day, got the update without any intervention.

The screen does say that the feedback will only be submitted via WiFi so I parked it with a good signal reach (5 bars).

Went from 3.2 to 3.5.2 without the intermediate 3.4 update.

Showed up in the morning when I started her up.

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Updates IMG_9509.JPG

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks @TaxmanHog. I didn’t know if I was doing something wrong or not. Is the app the right spot to find out what version of the software you have? I noticed I had a message from Sept 14 that says I received 3.5.2 but the vehicle/features & settings/software updates says I was updated in August to 3.2.0.
Your understand is not correct.

First, you cannot find out what "version" of software your vehicle is on. Each module of the vehicle is separate, and each can get updated.

You can see the version that your Sync software is at, which is what controls the display. That has nothing to do with the other modules. That's your 3.2.0.

You can see the latest OTA update you got, for a while, on the screen, then it disappears. You can see it in your messages in FordPass, until it also gets deleted. That's your 3.5.2.

The 3.2.0 version of Sync has nothing to do with the 3.5.2 version of the OTA updates. Also note - you might even get OTA updates out of sequence.

You cannot impact getting an update beyond ensuring you're connected to cellular (i.e. not in an underground parking garage or in the wilderness with no cell signal). You want to be set for Automatic Updates. As for the schedule, it is only when the update is applied for those updates that need the vehicle to not move. My Mach-E just got an update on the 28th that required 15 minutes of immobility, and it was applied after 1AM per my schedule.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
FWIW, my last announced OTA software update was 3.5.2 on 9/15 prior to my receipt yesterday of the OTA for PAAK while out driving.

My PAAK setup went smoothly due to all of the feedback I’ve read on this forum (thanks every!) and is functioning as advertised.

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Updates 21E8FB2B-AB6A-4B19-8EB9-E6BD8A29D3CD

Sponsored
OP
OP
drummer

drummer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Thanks @Amps I believe the IoT one is the 2.4 Ghz one so I can definitely try connecting to the 5 Ghz.

OP
OP
drummer

drummer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your understand is not correct.

First, you cannot find out what "version" of software your vehicle is on. Each module of the vehicle is separate, and each can get updated.

You can see the version that your Sync software is at, which is what controls the display. That has nothing to do with the other modules. That's your 3.2.0.

You can see the latest OTA update you got, for a while, on the screen, then it disappears. You can see it in your messages in FordPass, until it also gets deleted. That's your 3.5.2.

The 3.2.0 version of Sync has nothing to do with the 3.5.2 version of the OTA updates. Also note - you might even get OTA updates out of sequence.

You cannot impact getting an update beyond ensuring you're connected to cellular (i.e. not in an underground parking garage or in the wilderness with no cell signal). You want to be set for Automatic Updates. As for the schedule, it is only when the update is applied for those updates that need the vehicle to not move. My Mach-E just got an update on the 28th that required 15 minutes of immobility, and it was applied after 1AM per my schedule.
Thank you @RickLightning. This helps me a lot! I was thinking about it more like a Tesla or iPhone. This makes total sense. I appreciate you taking the time to share. I hope you get your truck soon.

OP
OP
drummer

drummer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you @RickLightning. This helps me a lot! I was thinking about it more like a Tesla or iPhone. This makes total sense. I appreciate you taking the time to share. I hope you get your truck soon.
Ha!

Thanks, but I will either bump it out or not order when given the chance. Without the tax credit, and with the price hike, keeping my 2013 F-150 and the 2022 Mach-E makes more sense. Zero advantage to the Lightning with same range as the Mach-E but 40% more electricity to run.
Sponsored