• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sounds Good Stereo Behind the Seat kit installation

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Hmm, ok! Maybe I will add some to my truck just to see. Good info, thank you!!
Sponsored

bsteele31

First Name
Bertrand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
OK here we go again with all the wiring stuff. Here's a picture of the stock amp rack (mounting bolts at the bottom already removed).

01 stock amp rack.jpg

And the same for the subwoofer:
02 stock sub.jpg

The sub has some kind of clip-in in addition to the mounting bolts. It took a pretty good amount of force to pop it out - enough that had tried popping off the front panel there (with the torx screws) to no avail.

Once the sub is out, blackout plate installed. Same mark/drill procedure as for the doors. It's just a bit finicky to work back here with the seat in place. Probably depends on how big your drill/screwdriver are, I guess.

03 block off plate.jpg

That stud at the left side of that photo has to come out in order for the new sub enclosure to fit properly, and a bunch of this carpet has to get cut out. I didn't really get that at first, so I did a lot of repeated attempts and failures. There's another stud like that one just out of frame on the right side of this pic too. I think if I were to do this again, I'd take out the whole carpet and cut it outside of the vehicle... doing it in place was a PITA and doesn't look super hot in the end. NBD I guess - nobody's going to see it behind the seat anyway.

The SGS harness has a different alignment tab than the stock amp did:

04 amp cable.jpg

I just clipped off that black tab with wire cutters and everything slid together well after that.

This ECU behind the passenger side seat had to be removed in order to fit the sub enclosure in. It bolts right back into place once the sub's in, though.

05 behind seat ecu.jpg

Here's another angle of the behind-the-seat area ready for the sub to get dropped in:

06 behind seat area.jpg

And here, the sub and amp rack installed:

07 sub installed.jpg

08 amp rack installed.jpg

This latch has a captive ring on the back that was a real PITA to take off. Just FYI - all fit back together nicely, though!

09 seat latch bar installed.jpg
Hello, do you have any issues with the Zen Nav-Tv Interface module? I bought the Pac Amp Pro AP4-FD and i having issues with the module staying on,

OP
OP
kvasiir

kvasiir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Hello, do you have any issues with the Zen Nav-Tv Interface module? I bought the Pac Amp Pro AP4-FD and i having issues with the module staying on,
No major problems to report. Occasionally I think it takes some time to turn on after being sent first signal, so if I try to get CarPlay to read me a text message sometimes the first bit gets swallowed. Normally music starts up before I do that, though, so it's rarely an actual problem. I do think the chimes and beeps, etc. are often delayed or misplaced. Also annoying but not a huge dealbreaker or anything.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN