• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Why are there so many buttons on the steering wheel? The whole thing looks cheap. Is this really a Lariat?

There are so many numbers and information on that driver display, it's giving me anxiety.

This may have just made my decision to decline delivery and keep my Rivian.
You're right having to go through multiple screens to change one thing is soooo much more convenient 😆😆😆
Sponsored

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
Has anyone come across a pic of the Lariat with the Rear seats raised? Just wondering if the bottom on the rear seats has the carpet material (that attracts dog hair like crazy) or is it a vinyl/leather material.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Has anyone come across a pic of the Lariat with the Rear seats raised? Just wondering if the bottom on the rear seats has the carpet material (that attracts dog hair like crazy) or is it a vinyl/leather material.
From other videos it is the dog hair carpet.

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
Seems like there is a lot of reflection in that photo. Could it be wood grain ? 🤷🏼‍♂️
⚡
The trim looks like the wood grain in these photos. I thought the wood was reserved for the Platinum trim? From what I have seen, the 360 photo on the Ford website has this trim with a dark brushed nickel finish.

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
A
Why are there so many buttons on the steering wheel? The whole thing looks cheap. Is this really a Lariat?

There are so many numbers and information on that driver display, it's giving me anxiety.

This may have just made my decision to decline delivery and keep my Rivian.
You’ll make someone super happy by declining. Thanks for your order. “Neeeeeext…..”

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I never noticed this until now, but there's an antenna right before the windshield on the passenger side.

Not that it's a big deal, but I thought all modern cars use either the stubbies, shark finn style, or none at all (wired into the car).

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I never noticed this until now, but there's an antenna right before the windshield on the passenger side.

Not that it's a big deal, but I thought all modern cars use either the stubbies, shark finn style, or none at all (wired into the car).
Ford still uses these because they get better reception, especially AM reception, which is important in the Mid-west where distances from radio stations is larger.

That said, this is the first mod I plan to do - lot of options available to replace it with a stubby one for $15 or $20 - plus you add like .01 miles of range!

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician

There is a great secondary use for that antenna- it is slightly higher than the cab of the truck so if you are going through low clearance the antenna will hit first and so you know to stop and not go through.
Also, the big antenna gives much better reception in areas that you normally would get none since trucks are much more likely to be in those areas.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Ford still uses these because they get better reception, especially AM reception, which is important in the Mid-west where distances from radio stations is larger.

That said, this is the first mod I plan to do - lot of options available to replace it with a stubby one for $15 or $20 - plus you add like .01 miles of range!
Same here. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in a long time.

There is a great secondary use for that antenna- it is slightly higher than the cab of the truck so if you are going through low clearance the antenna will hit first and so you know to stop and not go through.
Also, the big antenna gives much better reception in areas that you normally would get none since trucks are much more likely to be in those areas.
Or maybe not...

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I hadn't noticed the copper-colored trim piece around the center screen until now. I think I like it but I'll be interested to see how it looks in person.
I thought it might be the lightning in that photo but if you watch the TFL Lariat vs Pro video Roman clearly notes it's a "bronze" bezel.

hahahano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

You bring up an interesting point -- does the Lightning have an AM radio? Teslas do not, and I'd read somewhere that it was due to the high voltage wiring interfering with the signal. Seems plausible, I guess, but Teslas have integrated, non-protruding antennas. Maybe it's better with the big antenna? Would stubbies have AM reception problems?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You bring up an interesting point -- does the Lightning have an AM radio? Teslas do not, and I'd read somewhere that it was due to the high voltage wiring interfering with the signal. Seems plausible, I guess, but Teslas have integrated, non-protruding antennas. Maybe it's better with the big antenna? Would stubbies have AM reception problems?
I would be absolutely shocked if the Lightning did not have AM radio. The Mach-e has it.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed

Great point, in that case I'm going to swap mine out..

..on second thought, maybe I'll keep it!
Sponsored