• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I never noticed this until now, but there's an antenna right before the windshield on the passenger side.

Not that it's a big deal, but I thought all modern cars use either the stubbies, shark finn style, or none at all (wired into the car).
I think the Lightning holds the distinction of being the only EV with a whip antenna which is pretty cool. It's a perfect place to put one of these:
Ford F-150 Lightning Star White F-150 Lightning (+ Two Toned Seats & Apple CarPlay) : First Good Looks 1652096944059
Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
You bring up an interesting point -- does the Lightning have an AM radio? Teslas do not, and I'd read somewhere that it was due to the high voltage wiring interfering with the signal. Seems plausible, I guess, but Teslas have integrated, non-protruding antennas. Maybe it's better with the big antenna? Would stubbies have AM reception problems?
Yes, it's an EMC issue, and Tesla fixed the problem by deleting AM capability versus shielding and designing for good EMC performance. It was likely the right decision for them, since the cost of redesigning their vehicles would have been big $$$, and would not made sense when you look at what their customer base wants.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Who is going to do the whip vs no-whip 70 mph range test? @tommolog? Can we count on you? :)

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
So is this the black seats that is listed on the ordering page when we ordered. I'm hoping so, because I did not want black seats at all.
I am VERY surprised the seats are 2 tone - much better for me in the hot desert southwest.

When I ordered the Lariat, I thought black seats meant the boring all black seats that burns my a$$ most of the year.

I may actually end up keeping this truck and starting to like the dark polished wheels too.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
These are the "black" seats. The only seats that come on the Lightning Lariat. The lighter grey in the middle isn't quite as light as the pics make it look from what I saw at the roadshow event, but still a nice two-tone medium grey with black. They're nice seats and comfortable, and not as in your face as the design of the Platinum seats with the badges and stripes.
Nah they’re pretty light. The demos were pretty beat but the two tone kinda cheapened it. I liked the solid black in my 21 lariat sport

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I am VERY surprised the seats are 2 tone - much better for me in the hot desert southwest.

When I ordered the Lariat, I thought black seats meant the boring all black seats that burns my a$$ most of the year.

I may actually end up keeping this truck and starting to like the dark polished wheels too.
I didn't like the Lariat wheels initially. In the early photos they had more of a matte look, the recent media where they looked more polished is much better looking IMO.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Nah they’re pretty light. The demos were pretty beat but the two tone kinda cheapened it. I liked the solid black in my 21 lariat sport
2 tone seats are IMO a higher grade / quality trim.

My Land Rover had 2 tone seats and loved the contrast but then I choose light colored seats like tan, beige, oyster white....

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
2 tone seats are IMO a higher grade / quality trim.

My Land Rover had 2 tone seats and loved the contrast but then I choose light colored seats like tan, beige, oyster white....
Have you seen it in person. It honestly didn’t look high grade

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I have black leather trim seats now. It looks like a truck because it is a truck. As far as AM radio, Tesla drivers would never listen to AM. So why offer it?

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I like the two tone seats. Maybe the lighter color will not show the blue/white haze from my wife's sunscreen (upper back/shoulders). It is not worth upgrading to a platinum for that.