• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Synetic USA Tonneau Covers and Bed Racks

Trailbreaker

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Anyone have any experience with this brand? Just got a 23 Lightning Lariat and want to add a retractable bed cover and a rack to mount my roof top tent to, but don't want to spend a small fortune if I can help it. These caught my eye......auto retract tonneau cover and overland bed rack for around $1600 after discount code seems pretty reasonable, just not sure about the quality:

Auto-Retractable Aluminum Tonneau Cover | SyneTrac-AR Short Bed | SyneticUSA

Ford F-150 Lightning Synetic USA Tonneau Covers and Bed Racks banner-rack-3
Sponsored

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have the Manuel open and close version and it work perfectly fine for me. This is the only tonneau cover I’ve own so nothing to compare it to. I installed it myself and don’t have any water leakage issue in heavy rain or auto car wash. Been a little over a year so far still like new.

OP
OP
Trailbreaker

Trailbreaker

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have the Manuel open and close version and it work perfectly fine for me. This is the only tonneau cover I’ve own so nothing to compare it to. I installed it myself and don’t have any water leakage issue in heavy rain or auto car wash. Been a little over a year so far still like new.
I might end up getting the manual one to save a little money and one less thing to break later. Also debating on just getting the crossbars for my rooftop tent to keep it simple, and easier to store when I'm not using them. It only holds 500 lbs though, so that may be right on the edge of what my RTT weighs plus my wife and I and camping gear.

Motographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER in Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Paramedic/Firefighter
My neighbor has had the auto-retracting model on his Tacoma for about a year, and I got the same one for my Lightning on his advice. I got it for the same reason as you're looking, I had my RTT mounted to T-slot crossbars on my old truck and wanted to be able to reuse them. So far it's worked great, with two people the install takes around an hour and the only tedious part was getting the tailgate seal aligned. IIRC the AR and powered models have a higher weight rating than the base manual one, and seem to be better sealed; mine just sat in the rain for two days and the only water intrusion beyond a few drops was from the tailgate.
Sponsored