• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

American Roll Cover made by Truck Covers USA

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Does anyone here have American Roll Cover made by Truck Covers USA installed on their gen 14 truck?

I’m hearing that while both Retrax and Pace Edwards are super popular and more mainstream retracting covers, this lesser known brand actually makes a more durable and a higher quality cover. I wonder if anyone on this forum has one installed and can comment on theirs.
Sponsored

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
Interesting. At twice the price they should be MUCH better.
Are there issues with Retrax? I'm about to pull the trigger on one.

OP
OP

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Interesting. At twice the price they should be MUCH better.
Are there issues with Retrax? I'm about to pull the trigger on one.

Why twice the price? You must be looking at the one with the toolbox. That one is niche, the only cover on market where toolbox can be integrated, thus the price. Law enforcement and fleets orders them i hear. The standard one is around 2000-2100 range.

Outside of forums, i hear that Retrax won’t last as long, components wear out and break down quickly and while the company spends a lot of money on marketing and product distribution, they are not as receptive or reliable when it comes to warranty claims or component replacement issues. That’s what i hear. Not sure how accurate the info is, everyone has their own experiences. And in the convo i hear that truck covers usa makes the most durable and robust covers, they have that reputation.

Watch videos on assembly of both covers. For me the assembly of american roll cover seemed to indicate that it’s a more solid cover. Even something as small as three brackets on each side to hold the rail vs retrax’s 2. Again, maybe it’s a perception issue.

But i have to admit that retrax by design does look a little bit more modern and slicker if you compare them carefully.

I was hoping to see if someone has it on gen 14 here, how it actually looks.

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Why twice the price? You must be looking at the one with the toolbox. That one is niche, the only cover on market where toolbox can be integrated, thus the price. Law enforcement and fleets orders them i hear. The standard one is around 2000-2100 range.

Outside of forums, i hear that Retrax won’t last as long, components wear out and break down quickly and while the company spends a lot of money on marketing and product distribution, they are not as receptive or reliable when it comes to warranty claims or component replacement issues. That’s what i hear. Not sure how accurate the info is, everyone has their own experiences. And in the convo i hear that truck covers usa makes the most durable and robust covers, they have that reputation.

Watch videos on assembly of both covers. For me the assembly of american roll cover seemed to indicate that it’s a more solid cover. Even something as small as three brackets on each side to hold the rail vs retrax’s 2. Again, maybe it’s a perception issue.

But i have to admit that retrax by design does look a little bit more modern and slicker if you compare them carefully.

I was hoping to see if someone has it on gen 14 here, how it actually looks.
I’ve had my Retrax on my 2013 For 8 years. No issues!
Sponsored