• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Semi efficiency = Lightning cold weather efficiency?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The metric battles have been fought and lost 50 years ago. I learned both systems and can handle ft-#f to ft-#m. But mpg and now mpkwh are in my head.
Same here!
Sponsored

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
Everywhere except North America used liters per 100 km.
In the UK we still use MPG but gallon size is bigger, just like UK pints are also bigger. (Good for the pub 😂😂).

So when you see MPG's that are much smaller in US vs UK yes this is partly due to most cars having much larger engine sizes but also to do with the fact each US Gallon is smaller than an Imperial gallon.

I like the Ford mi/KWh for on the fly everyday use and if you want to do some in depth efficiency calcs the conversion is straightforward.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In the UK we still use MPG but gallon size is bigger, just like UK pints are also bigger. (Good for the pub 😂😂).

So when you see MPG's that are much smaller in US vs UK yes this is partly due to most cars having much larger engine sizes but also to do with the fact each US Gallon is smaller than an Imperial gallon.

I like the Ford mi/KWh for on the fly everyday use and if you want to do some in depth efficiency calcs the conversion is straightforward.
That surprises me because the last time I was in the UK, petrol was sold by the litre.

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
That surprises me because the last time I was in the UK, petrol was sold by the litre.
You are absolutely correct. Petrol is sold in litres (currently about £1.45 a litre) and our road signs are in miles. We have to sell goods in metric grams/kilos (hangover from EU legislation pre Brexit) but most people still ask for 1/4 or half pounds etc...

Our McDonalds still have quarter pounders with cheese not Royale with Cheese.

Cars still advertise and specified in MPG.

If you ask someone how tall they are or what the weigh 95% of the time you will get the answer in Ft/in and Stone and pounds (Stone being 14lb)

We are a mixed up mongrel when it comes to units of measurements but only metric is taught in school. Of course only metric used in anything medical or scientific etc... (But I think that's the same in the US?)

Blows my mind when a contractor comes to the house and subtracts 5ft 7 and 5/16 inches from 10ft 9 and 11/16 in their heads 🤯.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You are absolutely correct. Petrol is sold in litres (currently about £1.45 a litre) and our road signs are in miles. We have to sell goods in metric grams/kilos (hangover from EU legislation pre Brexit) but most people still ask for 1/4 or half pounds etc...

Our McDonalds still have quarter pounders with cheese not Royale with Cheese.

Cars still advertise and specified in MPG.

If you ask someone how tall they are or what the weigh 95% of the time you will get the answer in Ft/in and Stone and pounds (Stone being 14lb)

We are a mixed up mongrel when it comes to units of measurements but only metric is taught in school. Of course only metric used in anything medical or scientific etc... (But I think that's the same in the US?)

Blows my mind when a contractor comes to the house and subtracts 5ft 7 and 5/16 inches from 10ft 9 and 11/16 in their heads 🤯.
Yes, the same here.

I think when I was there last, petrol was something like 85P!
Sponsored