• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Same here.
Originally wanted the Pro as a daily commute vehicle but when my invite came in last month, I only had a choice between Lariat and Platinum.

Begrudgingly chose the Lariat - hoping my wife won't blow her top (she doesn't know yet)....
Same boat
Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Same boat
The way I justified the Lariat over the Pro to myself is the following:

a. Being very lucky to get an invite, I would have to wait until sometime next year (or later) if I wanted a Pro, and will battery and chip supplies last?
b. Waiting would very likely lose the $7,500 tax credit
c. The Lariat SR was $23,607 more than a loaded Pro SR
d. After the tax credit the Lariat was "only" $16,107 more
f. for that delta you get a lot of value, including running boards for my wife

Of course I then blew all that resoning up and go the Lariat ER. Wife knows well I am my own best salesman:)

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
NY has a credit, but only $500 for anything over $40k MSRP (include destination charge), so all of the Lightning trims get the same.
Also NY and don’t get me started man…

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

a. Being very lucky to get an invite, I would have to wait until sometime next year (or later) if I wanted a Pro, and will battery and chip supplies last?

Of course I then blew all that resoning up and go the Lariat ER. Wife knows well I am my own best salesman:)
Well said and great justification!

The tax credit was another reason from my jump from Pro to Lariat - had to get a 2022MY instead of waiting and rolling the dice....

Glad your wife is on board - mine might be 50/50....

Don't forget the Lariat has the ventilated leather seats - that might be a reason to keep her where I live in hot desert southwest...

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I added $1,300 for the charger and $500 for the home backup activation to the Pro SR, but forgot to add it to the Lariat SR (because I got the ER), so the delta is an additional $1,800.

However, that is likely less that the inflation driven price increase Ford will likely make in the base price of the Pro for MY23, let alone options.

For reference this was the Pro SR with Tow Tech, Max Tow, 9.6kW Pro Power, Frunk Net, Tailgate Step/Work Surface, and the Lariat SR with Tow Tech and Max Tow, which get them as close as possible in config.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime

Exactly! Plus the inevitable MSRP increase due to inflation!

I chose to extend the reservation on 4/12, but changed my mind to order a Lariat on 4/23. Luckily the invitation was still valid and I placed order of a Lariat ER.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Funny, I would have preferred the cloth seats of the XLT in a Pro trim if that upgrade was possible.

My Lariat order this summer scares me with the hot black leather burning my a$$....
I still have a link to order factory Ford cloth seats and replace the leather...

Maybe the ventilated leather seats may save the day ?
Ventilated leather seats are one my favorite features of my 2011 Lariat. Hoping they perform as well in Lightning. I use the vent 10x more than the seat heater.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ventilated leather seats are one my favorite features of my 2011 Lariat. Hoping they perform as well in Lightning. I use the vent 10x more than the seat heater.
I love them too - but about 50/50 use here. Doesn't make sense to use them when you have the heater on!
Sponsored