• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I’ve waffled on whether I should have ponied up for a lariat but I’m happy with Pro seeing this. I swear the spec sheet that’s been circulating said the pro was going to have a flip key, but this one has push to start (nice surprise to see)

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
They got me with their previous video, but I'm not falling for this one. I'm just going to ignore any Lightning "content" that shows up until the actual media embargo lifts on 5/10.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
They got me with their previous video, but I'm not falling for this one. I'm just going to ignore any Lightning "content" that shows up until the actual media embargo lifts on 5/10.
it’s a good look at the Pro. Lariat has already been reviewed to death.

it’s a fleet model pro FWIW. Only difference seems to be battery pack, no fleet specific options I saw on it

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
The pro is such a great deal for a truck. The lariat is what I always wanted and what I ordered, but I almost feel like I missed out on some crazy deal because the pro is basically the same truck as the lariat but half the price. Lariat as better battery, interior, and powered tailgate. That doesn't seem like much for 40k more.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The pro is such a great deal for a truck. The lariat is what I always wanted and what I ordered, but I almost feel like I missed out on some crazy deal because the pro is basically the same truck as the lariat but half the price. Lariat as better battery, interior, and powered tailgate. That doesn't seem like much for 40k more.
Not that uncommon. One could look at a GT500 vs. an ecoboost as the same car with nicer interior and better powertrain for triple the price, but that misses the point.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
"Better interior" encompasses a lot of stuff - the screen, stereo, heated/cooled seats, sunroof, carpet, etc. The Lariat also includes a towing package, 360 camera, 9.6kw pro power onboard (vs 2.4kw), larger wheels, batter lighting package, and more I'm probably forgetting. Some of these can be added on piecemeal which close the gap. Not saying the Pro isn't a good value (Ford is almost 100% losing money on each one of these) but there are more than 3 notable differences.

If I were buying the truck exclusively for utility, I'd probably have opted for an XLT with the larger battery (since retail can't get a Pro ER), but the Lariat will serve as both a comfortable highway cruiser and hauler, replacing both my Ridgeline and Model S.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
For me the inability to order an ER Pro sealed the deal, and when I was surprised with a wave 6 invite I had little choice, so ordered the ER Lariat, instead of ER XLT. An ER Pro would be have been $30k less than what I ordered (or a extra SR Pro after fed and state rebate!), but the value in my configuration is enough to make it worth it, assuming the quality is there (being new to Ford).

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
I was happy to see the comparison (broadly) as I have a base pro coming soon. Quite happy with my choice for the base model as it will fit my needs nicely & is a bargain. I'm going to add running boards, some appearance items & a good retractable cover... nothing too costly though.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Thanks for sharing.

Roman picked two trucks that have identical drive trains (both are ER versions). Edit: Both have the same 8,550 gross weight. The Pro has the 8,550 GVWR. The Lariat has the 8,400 GVWR due to the AT tires. Both have Max Tow and Tow Technology.

The Lariat ER costs $24,600 more than the Pro ER.
The PRO has 539 pounds more payload. Meaning all of the Lariat options add 539 Edit: 389 pounds to the weight of the truck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Thanks for sharing.

Roman picked two trucks that have identical drive trains (both are ER versions). Both have the same 8,550 gross weight. Both have Max Tow and Tow Technology.
The PRO has 539 pounds more payload. Meaning all of the Lariat options add 539 pounds to the weight of the truck.
Do I they both have the same gvwr? There was something about Massachusetts having a tax credit for 8550 gvwr and over and the AT tires lowered the gvwr to 8400. The lariat ER on TFL had the AT tires.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Do I they both have the same gvwr? There was something about Massachusetts having a tax credit for 8550 gvwr and over and the AT tires lowered the gvwr to 8400. The lariat ER on TFL had the AT tires.
Good call out. The tires looked like an all season tire so I made that assumption. They are the Hankook Dynapro AT2 tire which would lower the GVWR to 8400 pounds.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The PRO has 539 pounds more payload. Meaning all of the Lariat options add 539 Edit: 389 pounds to the weight of the truck.
That's only $63/pound. What a steal!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

I'm not upset about getting the Lariat but I definitely would've got the Pro if I had the chance. MSRP around $45k plus $7500 fed tax credit AND a $2500 MA state tax credit (only on <$50k vehicles) makes it an insane deal for people living in MA (or any other state with a state EV tax credit).
Sponsored