• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
So on his Q&A session tonight I asked about this.

So the people who ordered wave 1 that were pushed to MY23 or extended their reservation will get the $7000 private offer as well price protection from the $5000 increase. They are handled differently as the private offer is in their smart Vincent system and the protection is the price at the time ordering, that is on your order summary. He said if dealer plays dumb about price protection just indicate you know that you are price protected, sometimes they are hoping the buyer doesn't know. He said since 2016 Ford honors the price at the time you ordered. As a last resort call ford customer service and say the dealer will not honor price at the time of ordering. The price on window sticker is irrelevant as it will also show the higher price.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Thank you! Super happy to hear that.

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Wait, people are suggesting that this posture means youā€™re getting the truck for less than the even the original order price?

That just donā€™t pass the smell test, but if so Iā€™ll be clapping for those of you in that posture!

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Wait, people are suggesting that this posture means youā€™re getting the truck for less than the even the original order price?

That just donā€™t pass the smell test, but if so Iā€™ll be clapping for those of you in that posture!

shrug msrp started at 40K in the beginning and 7.5K rebate from the feds has up till next year been available on them

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I never seen the word "posture" used in this way

Sponsored

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro

Yeah this is Wave 1 of MY23. Ford originally raised the price 7k but offset it for the extenders by granting a 7k PCO. We all ordered before Ford jacked the price another 5k on the Pros (which essentially were sold out to the general population after our wave). Our Window Stickers show the current MSRP but our orders have the original 23 MSRP and we all have a PCO to bring our trucks down to 22 MSRP so effectively 12k under current. Coupled that with a 22 delivery for some of us opening the full tax credit and we have been lucky. On the flip side that latest MSRP increase likely excludes me from an OR state credit of 2.5k but Iā€™m going to see if our paperwork was the MSRP under 50k so I can appeal.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Yep 57K sticker minus 12k -7.5k Fed tax credit- 2K state at sale rebate= 35.5k
yes, I understand the purported maths, Iā€™m just dubious that Ford was in fact extending the ā€œprivate offerā€ in order provide those buyers with a discount below even old/lower MSRP at order date.

Dubious because I donā€™t see any rationale or justification for Ford saying, Oprah-style, ā€œyou get double discounts, and you get double discounts, and you get double discountsā€

personally, Iā€™ll believe it when I see a completed transaction on those double-discount terms

but if/when I do, I will stand and slow clap for the lottery winners!

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yes, I understand the purported maths, Iā€™m just dubious that Ford was in fact extending the ā€œprivate offerā€ in order provide those buyers with a discount below even old/lower MSRP at order date.

Dubious because I donā€™t see any rationale or justification for Ford saying, Oprah-style, ā€œyou get double discounts, and you get double discounts, and you get double discountsā€

personally, Iā€™ll believe it when I see a completed transaction on those double-discount terms

but if/when I do, I will stand and slow clap for the lottery winners!
How is it below the old (original) MSRP? Current MSRP is $51954, original MSRP was $39954. $51954 - $7000 Private Offer - $5000 price protection is $39954.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fun-Employed
shrug msrp started at 40K in the beginning and 7.5K rebate from the feds has up till next year been available on them
yeah Iā€™m ignoring the tax credits as neither here nor there wrt Fordā€™s pricing

How is it below the old (original) MSRP? Current MSRP is $51954, original MSRP was $39954. $51954 - $7000 Private Offer - $5000 price protection is $39954.
my bad, sounds like Iā€™m misunderstanding somehow - perhaps a few of the other commenters above threw off my interpretation (eg ā€œdeal of the centuryā€)

I never seen the word "posture" used in this way
Ford F-150 Lightning Tim Bartz confirmed pricing on extended reservation Pro orders D00F95FA-4BD7-44E2-BEFA-65CA4A9A10D1
Sponsored