• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Special thanks to Tim Bartz at Long McArthur

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Just wanted to send a Big Thank You to Tim

Some background, received an invite to place my order in wave 5 last week. Went online, configured my truck with my dealer who said they would only be charging MSRP. Once the configuration was done noticed a 5k mark as others have found so I did not complete my order. Searched the web and found another dealer locally that advertised they never charge over msrp. Called Ford and asked to change to that dealer, which they did. Went back onto my account, configured the truck and placed the order. A few minutes later I get an email from the dealer saying they are not taking any transfer and were going to reject my order. At this point I was confused so I called the dealer asking why. They were under the impression by taking my order it would count towards one of the current allocation's., so they rejected it. I then reached out to a couple of other dealers in my area and two said they would take the transfer at MSRP. So I went and called Ford again to change to one of these two dealers, which they did. Logged back onto the Ford site and at this point when I went to my reservation it said the new dealer was not taking any more reservation's, I didn't even get a chance to configure it at the new dealer. .I called them and they said they didn't do anything and do not see my reservation in there queue. Thinking it may be the dealer I called Ford again to switch it to the other dealer, with the same result. New dealer is not accepting any orders. So I called Ford back asking what dealer was my order with, and they said it was still with the original dealer that rejected the order, but each time I switched it the website had the new dealer name saying they were not taking any order. Tried to get more info from the 800 number but I couldn't get past the rep on the phone. When I spoke to the new dealer they said they would ask there Ford rep. I this point is when I took a flyer not think it would work and email Tim about my situation. Tim responded the same day saying he forwarded my info to his Brand Manager to see if there was anything they could do. Next day Tim reached out to me with an email from the manager saying it had to manually be corrected and asked me to confirm what dealer I wanted it sent to. The next day I logged back on to check to see if it was still stuck and It was now listed at the new dealer saying it was ready to configure. I thought I was done, nobody could give me any answers' and what if it stated like that past the 31'st? I couldn't even extend it to 2023. Again thank you Tim and please support his YouTube channel.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This is a great call out - his videos are very informative and it was nice to see him help where it didn't even benefit him.

Now help us understand the last part of this puzzle that might help a large number of people. Did the dealer you moved to have an allocation for your order before you moved to them? If they did that is great and makes it easy.

If they did not have the allocation and you moved your order to them - did that take your allocation with you and that is what allowed you to order?

Did you complete the order and has it been accepted by the new dealer?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
I can not answer that question, they did not mention anything about not having allocations, my thought was the allocation moved from the original dealer to the next dealer I choose. Otherwise why would the other two dealers be willing to take it with such a limited number avaible.

I will reach out to Tim to see how it works, he may be sick of me by now.

I can confirm the order was place and accepted at the new dealer :)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Thank you for the info. I somewhat suspect that once the order is alloted to you and you receive the email that the allocation will then follow you where ever you move to. I don't have proof, but your situation might confirm that.

The critical part is that you must have the order email in hand before you try and move a dealer.

I was a Wave 1 order. It was just by fate I decided to change dealers before I ordered. However once I did I was still able to immediately place the order and the dealer accepted it. I just don't know if they too at the time had allocations sitting open or the allocation followed me.

With what we see going on it would be hard to believe any dealer had an open allocation they are aware of just sitting unfilled. I believe it is tied to the person with the email (and I may be proven wrong.)

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
This is a great call out - his videos are very informative and it was nice to see him help where it didn't even benefit him.

Now help us understand the last part of this puzzle that might help a large number of people. Did the dealer you moved to have an allocation for your order before you moved to them? If they did that is great and makes it easy.

If they did not have the allocation and you moving your order to them - did that take your allocation with you and that is what allowed you to order?

Did you complete the order and has it been accepted by the new dealer?
What should happen is the new dealer will gain an allocation to fulfill the order. Not sure what would happen to the previous dealer though. They may loss an allocation. The reason I know is that we received 3 allocations but had one person switch his reservation to us after receiving an invite and it gave us 4 orders to fulfill.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
What should happen is the new dealer will gain an allocation to fulfill the order. Not sure what would happen to the previous dealer though. They may loss an allocation. The reason I know is that we received 3 allocations but had one person switch his reservation to us after receiving an invite and it gave us 4 orders to fulfill.
This is great to hear. Would really facilitate the guys that are facing some crazy ADM to be able to avoid that and take their business to a new dealer. Just get the email in hand first and know where you want to move to.

DH0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning (Wave 3 Order)
Sounds like the allocation moved with you. Since this was a wave 5 order, all of the allocations at the new dealer that you moved to would already have been filled (i.e. final wave, no more '22 allocations available). The only way for them to get an additional wave 5 allocation would be if it came with you. So basically the dealer that tried to charge ADM got screwed (y)

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Sounds like the allocation moved with you. Since this was a wave 5 order, all of the allocations at the new dealer that you moved to would already have been filled (i.e. final wave, no more '22 allocations available). The only way for them to get an additional wave 5 allocation would be if it came with you. So basically the dealer that tried to charge ADM got screwed (y)
So that's what Ford meant when they said dealers would lose allocation....
they lose that current allocation. I guess losing that sale and not getting a replacement allocation hurts the dealer. I was under the impression that the dealer would lose future allocation as well, but I may have misunderstood.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I was under the impression that the dealer would lose future allocation as well, but I may have misunderstood.
Isn't one of the future allocation metrics, performance of completed sales in the prior year? If so, they are shooting themselves in the foot with egregious ADM greed, I LOVE IT when a plan comes together!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Turn to the top......
Sponsored