• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Touch screen constantly defaulting to AM radio

Surfnturf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Every time I start up my truck the mega touch screen defaults to am radio forcing me to peck my way back to the navigation screen every time I drive. Is anyone else experiencing the same behavior? Behavior started in the last week or so.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I frequently have to reload the navigation app even though it was the last thing displayed. It's not even in the lower tile row of last used apps.

To confirm - you're not saying it is switching to AM radio from some other source of music, right? I assume you are indeed listening to AM radio and have navigation on. If it's switching from FM or BT or CarPlay to AM radio then that's a different issue. I've never experienced that.

OP
OP

Surfnturf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I frequently have to reload the navigation app even though it was the last thing displayed. It's not even in the lower tile row of last used apps.

To confirm - you're not saying it is switching to AM radio from some other source of music, right? I assume you are indeed listening to AM radio and have navigation on. If it's switching from FM or BT or CarPlay to AM radio then that's a different issue. I've never experienced that.
Thank you for your response. And yes correct it is defaulting to the AM radio screen at truck start up; the AM app covers the entire screen with preset station buttons. I have never used the AM radio before. And yes also no nav tile shortcut at the bottom so I have to go through the menu to get me back to nav. Now I have a set number of chores every time I drive... 3 clicks on the screen to get me into Sport mode and another 2 clicks to get me into Nav. I wonder what Ford will add to the pre-drive check list next.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
You might try the following:
1. Do a Sync reset. Hold steering wheel Volume + and right arrow until it reboots. These are the two outer buttons on the steering wheel controls.
2. Clear out the bottom row of tiles to remove the radio tile. Do this by selecting other apps like Nav, Trip, tire pressure etc. Now mind you one of these may now pop up every time, but it shouldn't be AM radio. For me it seems to display the second most recent app (whatever is the leftmost bottom tile when Nav is displayed).
Sponsored