• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Transfer Car from Fordpass Canada to USA?

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
Any idea if it's possible to transfer the vehicle from fordpass Canada to usa?

I am frequently travelling into the US and I am using EA lots
Without an US Account, I am unable to access the EA premium offer nor free 250kwh charging.

Any idea?
Tried to delete vehicle from ford Canada account and add to ford usa account, but it shows the connectivity is still registered under Canada
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Without an US Account, I am unable to access the EA premium offer nor free 250kwh charging.
I can't help you with switching the country of your vehicle, but there is no benefit to using FordPass with Electrify America other than the 250kWh charge credits. You get a better rate by having an account with Electrify America.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't help you with switching the country of your vehicle, but there is no benefit to using FordPass with Electrify America other than the 250kWh charge credits. You get a better rate by having an account with Electrify America.
ah okay, I guess the plug n charge is also useless due to it does not work with EA Pass+ membership?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
ah okay, I guess the plug n charge is also useless due to it does not work with EA Pass+ membership?
If you use the plug and charge through FordPass, you get charged the full rate. It has to be disabled to get the EA membership rate.

OP
OP

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you use the plug and charge through FordPass, you get charged the full rate. It has to be disabled to get the EA membership rate.
this is stupid... I guess other than the free 250kwh, there is no point to use the "blue oval charging network"

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
this is stupid... I guess other than the free 250kwh, there is no point to use the "blue oval charging network"
The Blue Oval Network is what is referred to as an E-mobility Provider in the EV Charging realm. The idea is that you can set up billing one time in FordPass and have access to many charging networks without having to download any of those network's app or set up an accounts with them. I think Blue Oval Network currently has partnerships with about 7 charging networks.
  • Shell Recharge
  • Electrify America
  • EV Connect
  • ChargePoint
  • SemaConnect
  • FLO
  • EVgo
On those 7 networks, you can either Plug & Charge or activate the station from FordPass and the billing all goes back through your Blue Oval Network account. It is primarily focused on convenience and ease of use for the general public. It is not intended to be the absolute cheapest way for an EV enthusiast to charge their EV.

OP
OP

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
some updates

deleted my car from ford.ca
wait for 3 days
add the car to ford.com
activated on the sync screen and success

however my connected service is broken, cant activate anything and its blank page for me when opening either on the PC or fordpass app

and I cannot toggle on the plug&charge (showing error, please try again)

looks like gonna call the fordpass support to figure out

also, once I registered the car on ford.com, in the next 30 minutes, I got 4.1.1 updates...

contradict to the main thread, there is no new features in PU 4.1.1, this is weird...

Ford F-150 Lightning Transfer Car from Fordpass Canada to USA? 1674787813374
Sponsored