• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fordpass app thinks car is still at work

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Anyone know how to reset. Car is home and hasn’t updated since 12 hours ago. I tried deleting app
Sponsored

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Disconnect the negative on the 12v battery for about 30 seconds. That should get the modem talking again. When I restarted mine this evening, I had to go in and tweak the charging locations a bit in the truck to get the location based charging working right. When I restarted it, it wanted to charge to 100% and it was still saying that the charging location was where I last charged. I unplugged it, edited the current charge location in the truck and plugged it back in and it seems fine now.

OP
OP

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Disconnect the negative on the 12v battery for about 30 seconds. That should get the modem talking again. When I restarted mine this evening, I had to go in and tweak the charging locations a bit in the truck to get the location based charging working right. When I restarted it, it wanted to charge to 100% and it was still saying that the charging location was where I last charged. I unplugged it, edited the current charge location in the truck and plugged it back in and it seems fine now.
this didn't work for me. I just tried it

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Another thing to test, force stop the phone app, then flush the cache, restart the app possibly the TRUCK location will be accurately reported in the app.

If it's still reporting a previous location then it is probably related to the 2023 telematics flaw which is supposed to be remedied in the coming month or so.....

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
My last connectivity issue didn't immediately resolve after the battery disconnect but a couple of hours later I plugged it in and it started working immediately. So next time I'll try plugging in without the battery disconnect step. I hope they can fix this soon via an update.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Yea thanks Maxx I think it is I tried all those things and none fixed it
It would be nice if we could roll back the last OTA to see if it will fix it. That is why I am so afraid of updates. We could ruin a perfectly good truck with no way of going back.
Sponsored