• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I had a bunch of FordPoints just sitting in my account. I have most of the accessories I wanted already and took a chance on this product.

Now, I know this isn't for everyone. I have young kids and big dogs. My last 2 trucks had scratches and gouges all along the door sill. I was hoping that I could protect the sills, or at least keep them from looking worn down.

I was surprised that I actually like the look. Even better, the protection seems top notch. It is almost like spray in bedliner, but a little more rubbery. It will definitely provide protection and also adds some grip (which will be helpful in the rain and snow we get in the PNW).

Installation was extremely simple (15 minutes), I followed the included directions exactly as laid out (including the 50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol to wipe the truck). One tip I'd share is to leave them out in the sun while you're installing the others. It makes them much more malleable. Also, these strips are not visible at all (inside or outside the truck) when the door is shut.

I would recommend this product, especially if you have FordPass points to use. At $59, I still feel it's a good deal and I would buy it at that price.

Here is the link to the product on Ford's website (they also make them without the Lightning logo).

Ford F-150 Lightning Tufskinz Door Sill Kit Review pro-Mz50HSCJ
Ford F-150 Lightning Tufskinz Door Sill Kit Review pro-QBRlAFwd
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Looks great.

They don't actually show any real pictures of it installed on their website, so if it wasn't for your post, I'd have no idea what the heck it was.

This is the only photo they put on the website:
Ford F-150 Lightning Tufskinz Door Sill Kit Review 1713888230911-tu

Their description is also wrong, it says Raptor.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tufskinz Door Sill Kit Review 1713888308372-8z

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Looks great.

They don't actually show any real pictures of it installed on their website, so if it wasn't for your post, I'd have no idea what the heck it was.

This is the only photo they put on the website:
1713888230911-tu.png

Their description is also wrong, it says Raptor.

1713888308372-8z.png
Thank you.

I, too, had to go searching for images of it installed. The company also sells direct, with the Logo, but the pricing was the same and I had Fordpass points.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
PS... I grew up in the 70s, so the Toughskins name is engraved in my childhood memories. Toughskins were jeans with reinforced knee patches under the surface of the knees. The patches didn't wear out, but you'd still get holes along the edges.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tufskinz Door Sill Kit Review toughskins

Sponsored
OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Nice. Buying today. My dog tends to scratch up the door sill when shes getting in and out.
If your sills are already scratched, this is also a great way to hide the scratches.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
I have a similar product on the rear bumper of my VW van and it's very tough. Plus it hides all the cracks and scratches.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Thanks great idea. Looks like more buying options directly from TUFSKINZ especially with more and better pricing options.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Thanks great idea. Looks like more buying options directly from TUFSKINZ especially with more and better pricing options.
Definitely. I only went the Ford route because I wanted to use Points.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

dgargano

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
IT Manager
I had a bunch of FordPoints just sitting in my account. I have most of the accessories I wanted already and took a chance on this product.

Now, I know this isn't for everyone. I have young kids and big dogs. My last 2 trucks had scratches and gouges all along the door sill. I was hoping that I could protect the sills, or at least keep them from looking worn down.

I was surprised that I actually like the look. Even better, the protection seems top notch. It is almost like spray in bedliner, but a little more rubbery. It will definitely provide protection and also adds some grip (which will be helpful in the rain and snow we get in the PNW).

Installation was extremely simple (15 minutes), I followed the included directions exactly as laid out (including the 50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol to wipe the truck). One tip I'd share is to leave them out in the sun while you're installing the others. It makes them much more malleable. Also, these strips are not visible at all (inside or outside the truck) when the door is shut.

I would recommend this product, especially if you have FordPass points to use. At $59, I still feel it's a good deal and I would buy it at that price.

Here is the link to the product on Ford's website (they also make them without the Lightning logo).

pro-Mz50HSCJ.jpeg
pro-QBRlAFwd.jpeg
I'm starting to gets scratches there too. Thanks for sharing. I might just have to buy these.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I just ordered.
Aaaaand back ordered.
Sponsored