• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

(Un)Reliability of Ford Production Updates

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
A lot of people watch very carefully to see when their truck is produced and when they might get it. Here’s a little about my experience from Ford.

Email notification in July of production week of 9/05.

Starting 9/05, I watched the Ford.com page for 2+ weeks without an update, even though I knew from other sources it was built in a few days.

Email on 9/23 that it was built. Website still did not even say in production.

Email on 9/26 that it had shipped. Website now says “built.”

Email today 9/28 with photo dated 9/11:

“ Your F-150® LightningTM just rolled off the assembly line!”
Sponsored

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER w/Tow; 2017 BMW X3
A lot of people watch very carefully to see when their truck is produced and when they might get it. Here’s a little about my experience from Ford.

Starting 9/05, I watched the Ford.com page for 2+ weeks without an update, even though I knew from other sources it was built in a few days.

How were you able to tell when your photo was taken?

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat

Very useful data. Thank you for sharing. Do you know what the date was that you submitted your order? I submitted my order and I'm currently trying to a sense of about when I can expect to take delivery based on that. I get yours still has to get transported to your dealership but I'm watching this thread as this all plays out to see if I can get a guestimate on how it applies to my situation.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
How were you able to tell when your photo was taken?
I had the same exact question. I got my photo today as well, but no idea when it was taken.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I had the same exact question. I got my photo today as well, but no idea when it was taken.
Properties of the picture file once downloaded.

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030

I think the date and time stamp on the photo is when it gets uploaded into Ford's system and not actually when the photo was taken on the assembly line.

Example, I have a Bronco that was assembled on August 31 / September 1. My assembly line photo also has a 9/11 at 11:01 pm time stamp. It was not on the assembly line on 9/11.

I agree that it would be nice to have a bit better timeliness to the Ford updates but it sounds like your Lightning is progressing well. The Ford tracker statuses seem to be a bit counterintuitive at first but once you understand that the statuses stay in the earlier state until all steps to complete that status are accomplished then it starts to make sense. E.G. your Lightning is in production even though you received a built notification until it is shipped.

Reactions: kab
OP
OP

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Very useful data. Thank you for sharing. Do you know what the date was that you submitted your order? I submitted my order and I'm currently trying to a sense of about when I can expect to take delivery based on that. I get yours still has to get transported to your dealership but I'm watching this thread as this all plays out to see if I can get a guestimate on how it applies to my situation.
6/14/22

OP
OP

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I think the date and time stamp on the photo is when it gets uploaded into Ford's system and not actually when the photo was taken on the assembly line.

Example, I have a Bronco that was assembled on August 31 / September 1. My assembly line photo also has a 9/11 at 11:01 pm time stamp. It was not on the assembly line on 9/11.

I agree that it would be nice to have a bit better timeliness to the Ford updates but it sounds like your Lightning is progressing well. The Ford tracker statuses seem to be a bit counterintuitive at first but once you understand that the statuses stay in the earlier state until all steps to complete that status are accomplished then it starts to make sense. E.G. your Lightning is in production even though you received a built notification until it is shipped.
Not complaining. Just letting people know my experience so they can know what to expect.

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Based on that, the time from order to delivery will be at least 4-months then, huh? That gives me a good idea as I wasn't sure what to expect once I received the build date. I know that as they ramp things up in terms of production this lead time could go down or it could increase as other issues arise but this at least gives me a good idea. Since I placed my order recently (9/12 I think) I seriously doubt I'll take delivery in the calendar year 2022 which is what I was trying to find out in a previous thread I created.

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
Based on that, the time from order to delivery will be at least 4-months then, huh? That gives me a good idea as I wasn't sure what to expect once I received the build date. I know that as they ramp things up in terms of production this lead time could go down or it could increase as other issues arise but this at least gives me a good idea. Since I placed my order recently (9/12 I think) I seriously doubt I'll take delivery in the calendar year 2022 which is what I was trying to find out in a previous thread I created.
Unfortunately there’s no telling. Chip hold etc can throw everything off if you’re unlucky, or maybe the stars will align and you’ll be one of the quick ones!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I wouldn't use that as a baseline. Folks that ordered in January are still waiting and people that ordered in June have theirs already. It all comes down to what trim and options you orders and what Ford's scheduling system does with that.
Sponsored