• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford - scale up Pro production instead of the trims that are languishing

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
Exactly -- if Ford is not comfortable with the inventory levels they can just lower the price. It is exactly what Tesla does, just a little less transparent because some of the incentives are not visible to the consumer. (There are various sorts of rewards for selling a certain number of desired models, which is why if you shop at the right time you can get a great deal - but knowing the 'right time' is opaque.)

So Ford could sell more trucks more cheaply but it is pretty much the law in this country that a business is obligated to its shareholders ("fiducary duty") to squeeze the consumer for every penny possible. If they don't do it, they get shareholder lawsuits. It is why our healthcare is such a mess, but that is another topic.
Sponsored

maksimfa

First Name
Maks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
i think one thing many are taking for granted is how quickly the market tanked on these anchors. lol. Dealers that were charging and getting $20k over sticker on those Platinums and Lariats 6 months ago, are now selling them for $8k or more OFF of sticker.

If they had more affordable options out there, they would sell more.
One crappy thing is the massive upcharge from SR to ER battery pack.

Now that 7500 is point of sale, i think it will help... heck, it is getting me off of the fence and getting me to look for an XLt. =)

OP
OP
TechTutor

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GMC Sierra / ‘02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
It‘s not so much whining / complaining, as it is i am trying to make the point that if the federal / state government wants the masses to adopt EV’s the manufacturers will have to do something about the pricing.

Perhaps when the research / development/ implementation of new battery technologies reduces the cost to manufacture?

For now, I suppose I wait for a Lightning Pro or XLT to become available on the secondary / used market.

mikesm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica, CR-V
It's also I think a result of cybertrucks coming in with much lower production volume and much higher cost. They no longer have to worry about a mass produced cheap Tesla truck to compete with.

And I think it's also they don't want to give up on an EV future with much higher profit levels than for ICE vehicles. With vehicle lifetimes going up, the industry really wants to see a much higher profit level (that they can tout to investors) than for ICE vehicles. If this market turns into more of a commodity it makes their investor pitch much less attractive.

Things will change when there is a lot more competition and not until then.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I'd love to see a longer bed, RWD, 'standard Crew' cab version Pro with an SR battery. They could sell a ton of BEV light trucks for businesses and the fleet market. Utilities, contractors, small local businesses, regional deliveries, and so many more....

There's no reason to limit the F-150 BEVs to hot rod monster trucks.
Sponsored