• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Updated ICE F-150 for 2024 (Spy Photos)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
From the sister forum - https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/📸-2024-f-150-interior-facelift-revealed-on-3-trims.16766/

Some tweaks coming for the ICE F-150's in 2024. I doubt any of this would ever be carried to the Lightning. No money invested here in favor of T-3 or whatever they want to call it.

One user notes the SW looks different on the center stack so maybe they are going to get Android OS integrated which the '23 Lightning was supposed to have and Ford couldn't pull off.

I believe the Lightning will live and die just like it looks today.
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
jealous of the column shifter. Nothing more satisfying than a good ol' column shifter. I despise the stupid shifter in the lightning

Also funny that they are so blatant about the cab shell not changing. "It's an F150, we are not changing the cab dimensions. It's perfect."

1) Superficial lipstick on the front. 2) probably some new tech in the cab. 3) Some fancy new jeans (taillights) to make the booty look new!

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
jealous of the column shifter. Nothing more satisfying than a good ol' column shifter. I despise the stupid shifter in the lightning

Also funny that they are so blatant about the cab shell not changing. "It's an F150, we are not changing the cab dimensions. It's perfect."

1) Superficial lipstick on the front. 2) probably some new tech in the cab. 3) Some fancy new jeans (taillights) to make the booty look new!
Agree completely about the shifter. Leave it for the ICE if they want - it makes no sense for the Lightning. Yeah - I like the hand rest too, but just makes so much more sense to be a column shifter and save the space and cost of the shifter and poor automated mechanism they put in them now.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Some things you can't see in those pictures. The completely covered tailgate is the new "trick" tailgate. I don't have a lot of information on it, but it is Fords answer to the Ram and GM multifunction tailgate. Also, ProPower is supposed to be integrated into the passenger side bodyside as well as the current drivers side location. The ProPower mod will probably make it to the Lightning. For the ICE trucks that don't have the 7.2Kw ProPower, the space where the plugs would be will be a small storage box.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
i remember when the latest gen f150 came out and one of the designers/engineers mentioned "their customers like the feel of having a shifter at the center console".

hopefully he was fired. thank goodness they got rid of that thing!

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
i remember when the latest gen f150 came out and one of the designers/engineers mentioned "their customers like the feel of having a shifter at the center console".

hopefully he was fired. thank goodness they got rid of that thing!
In the article about the coming update - it's likely on the column only on the entry levels - even in the redesign it is still in the console for the upper models.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Also hate the shifter. Takes up way too much space, and having park as an option means you can never blindly throw it in gear. Column mounted is my favorite style. Next they should ditch the 15" screen and bring back buttons.
Sponsored