• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

reffahcs

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Just wanted to post this here for safety. If anyone has a Lectron CCS to NACS adapter for use at a supercharger, there is a serious safety defect which can be fatal.

I don't think it's necessarily backwards. Tom points out that you have to push in the bottom tab in his State of Charge review of the Lectron, time stamp is 13:28. Still a pretty concerning issue though.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
I don't think it's necessarily backwards. Tom points out that you have to push in the bottom tab in his State of Charge review of the Lectron, time stamp is 13:28. Still a pretty concerning issue though.
It absolutely appears to be a flaw - whether it's a design flaw or a production flaw where the latch is installed incorrectly, you shouldn't be able to remove the NACS device without depressing the switch.

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
I recently cancelled my Lectron NACS>CCS adapter order after waiting more than a month for an item that, both on its website and in emails, Lectron claimed was "in stock." Clearly, it was not. When I did that, I noticed something else: Lectron had charged my card at the time I ordered. Most reputable companies don't charge until they ship the product. Business practices like these would make it highly unlikely that I would ever attempt to buy something from Lectron in the future.

edcoble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat (ER)
Occupation
Retired/former lawyer/former pastor
I canceled a Lectron order when delivery was delayed in favor of A2Z. Lectron refunded my money promptly.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I recently cancelled my Lectron NACS>CCS adapter order after waiting more than a month for an item that, both on its website and in emails, Lectron claimed was "in stock." Clearly, it was not. When I did that, I noticed something else: Lectron had charged my card at the time I ordered. Most reputable companies don't charge until they ship the product. Business practices like these would make it highly unlikely that I would ever attempt to buy something from Lectron in the future.
That's not a correct statement. Sure, many companies don't charge the card until they FULFILL the order (vs. ship). But you'll find that even Amazon charges before it actually ships.

Small companies have cashflow challenges. A2Z also charges when ordered. Totally legit, as long as they provide an accurate forecast of shipment, and then update it as needed.

Lectron didn't do that. They've been around since 2017 and are totally legit. Do they have a problematic adapter? Seems so.

OP
OP
jetfixr1

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had purchased their AC extension a few months ago and the backshell was loose on the female side. I wasnt comfortable using it at all so I returned it. Seems like they have some QA issues in general.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I canceled a Lectron order when delivery was delayed in favor of A2Z. Lectron refunded my money promptly.
I ordered both. Lectron first, then a week or two later A2Z. A2Z arrived and I cancelled the other. I have two CCS vehicles so don't mind having an extra adapter (Ford and A2Z). Our 3 row phev will be replaced with an EV in the next year, so I considered having a third, but the new car may very well come with native NACS.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
I received my Lectron adapter as a stopgap before my Ford one arrives. I’m going to return based on this. And I found out a lot of Superchargers where I roadtrip are still V2 and won’t work anyways. Bummer!
Sponsored