• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Lectron is recalling their NACS charging adapter due to a defect that allows the NACS connector to be unplugged without stopping the charger.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=24E033

You can see the video that led to the recall here.

Ford F-150 Lightning NHTSA recalls Lectron NACS Adapter IMG_0427
Sponsored

ThomasNC

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Government
I got so sick of waiting for Lectron to actually ship I cancelled my order, the next day I had my refund, the day after that Ford shipped my free adapter. I consider myself the luckiest man alive.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I got so sick of waiting for Lectron to actually ship I cancelled my order, the next day I had my refund, the day after that Ford shipped my free adapter. I consider myself the luckiest man alive.
I got my A2Z, then cancelled my lectron order. A2Z ordered a couple weeks after lectron. Ford adapter now expected in June.

Frankhpns

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Retired military
Lectron is recalling their NACS charging adapter due to a defect that allows the NACS connector to be unplugged without stopping the charger.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=24E033

You can see the video that led to the recall here.

IMG_0427.jpeg
Just received the revised adapter and am going to try it this weekend. It took Lectron about three weeks to replace it. It appears well built, but unfortunately the original was defective.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
it sounds like they are referring to some units being able to allow the Engaged/Start of charging without the 'safety button/clip' being fully engaged/set.

I suppose, also, that the press of this 'safety button/clip', while charging, 'should' result in a charge STOP/Disconnect, automatically, if the process is working correctly.

Just like when you use a charge station, like EA, without an adapter,
you can Disengage/Stop the charging by several 'secure' methods:

Press the top 'button' on the CCS handle, itself, or press the Lightning's CIRCLE charge port button, or press the Station's 'STOP' button, or use the EA or Ford app to 'Stop' charging.

All of these are designed to stop the electrical flow, first, then allow the physical removal/Disconnection of the CCS cable.

Sponsored

EBone21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Lariat and (soon) 2023 F-150 Lightning
I got my A2Z, then cancelled my lectron order. A2Z ordered a couple weeks after lectron. Ford adapter now expected in June.
Same. The lock is a little annoying cause I keep forgetting on the a2z but seems smart for the disconnect issue.

JDF231223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I’m glad I cancelled my Lectron order and instead picked up the A2Z Typhoon DCFC level 3 charging adapter and the Stellar Level 2 adapter.

The Lectron Adapter was $216 shipped where A2Z was $177 shipped after “FORD” discount code.

I’ll gladly keep it as a back-up when I get my OEM adapter probably by end of summer.

Thanks to A2Z, I’m ready for road trips this Summer.

Ford F-150 Lightning NHTSA recalls Lectron NACS Adapter IMG_0182
Sponsored