• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Mobile Charger With Lectron Adapter

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Here is another mobile charger that I am considering. It will be available soon from GRIZZL-E. Pricing has not been announced yet, but it should be around $500 us. The big plus with this mobile charger is that you can charge at 10 kw when plugged into a 240 volt outlet, and It can also be plugged into a 120 volt outlet as well. Power levels can be changed for both 120 and 240 volt connections.

Here is a link to their website: https://grizzl-e.com/grizzl-e-mini/

Here a copy of the web page:

Screenshot 2022-10-30 9.48.54 PM.png
Sounds like a great option since it goes to 40A (vs 32A for Tesla) and allows you to adjust down to 24A if you were charging another EV from the bed plug.

Price is higher than the Tesla option, but it has a couple notable advantages. It's a no-brainer over the Ford one if the price is basically the same.
Sponsored

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
I *think* that's the original Telsa adapter. At least the owner claimed it was and said the other companies copied him. Maybe even the manufacturer he was paying to make them decided they'd just make his design themselves or something like that.

Anyway, any chance you've used it in the rain? That's one of my concerns with these adapters in general.
Supposed to rain tonight. Since the adapter hangs down from the port I don’t think water will be an issue at all. i live in CA so “rain” in other parts of the world may actually mean something different than what we call rain here. Our rain = mist in most places.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Sounds like a great option since it goes to 40A (vs 32A for Tesla) and allows you to adjust down to 24A if you were charging another EV from the bed plug.

Price is higher than the Tesla option, but it has a couple notable advantages. It's a no-brainer over the Ford one if the price is basically the same.
Looks like an attractive option pending what “available soon“ means. They say you can “Change Maximum current and see charging statistics over Wi-Fi connection”. Does that mean I can do that with my phone in boonies where there is electricity but not internet?

Before reading this thread, I had no idea you could not set charging rate in the truck (big bummer). I wonder if it needs hardware to fix or OTA can do it.

I prefer charging at lowest amp my time allows so I would be changing the max amp often. Sometimes the limiting factor is what else we have to run at our 80 Amp camp simultaneously. And if I visit friends and family and they let me plug in, I rather not to set their house on fire by maxing out everything. You never know what are the weak points in someone else’s electrical system.
Sponsored