• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 3 Lightning Orders Projected to be Delivered in CY22 as 2023 MY Trucks?

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
There was another thread that posted a video that was locked for some reason but would have been a great place to have this conversation. I felt it had an interesting piece of information worthy of further discussion so perhaps creating another thread with a proper title about the topic would be better.

According to this info graphic, it appears as though Ford is projecting that Wave 3 orders are expected to be delivered in Calendar Year 2022:

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 Lightning Orders Projected to be Delivered in CY22 as 2023 MY Trucks? LightningWave3CY22Delivery

...or is it just wishful thinking that the ends of those arrows indicate the windows in which they expect to process those deliveries and they're actually ongoing beyond the ends of the arrows?

I'm still bummed that I was made to feel forced to ordering a Lariat even though what I really wanted was an XLT w/ER battery pack. The verbiage used to "invite" reservation holders to place their order was a tad misleading and could have been worded better to let us know that we would simply give up our place in line for those who wanted the higher end trims but we'd get back in the front of the line in a month or two would have changed how I proceeded.

Sounds now like those who didn't order a truck they didn't want aren't going to lose their reservation and are going to be allowed to order a Pro or XLT in Wave 4 which is starting tomorrow. Good for them but I wish I had known this because I would have just waited another month or two to get what I wanted. That said, getting my Lariat SR before the EoY would certainly be at least a silver lining given the tax implications if the above infographic can be taken at what it seems to indicate. After all, they are different lengths and appear to be specifically indicate a window of months for each one. The Wave 3 arrow seems to clearly show a window of 3 moths on that timeline that would have them all delivered before EoY 2022.

FWIW, I haven't yet received my build date but based on other's posts I assume it's happening any day now.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
PRO ordering is done for the model year. Sounds like for some people that haven't ordered yet, XLT will open back up.

Will Wave 3 people get their trucks before the end of the year? I won't say no, but Ford is scheduling for the last 2 weeks of November production tomorrow. I live 50 miles from the assembly plant and it took over a month from the production date for my truck to make it to my dealer. And then you have to figure Christmas week into the equation. I guess it all depends on when your production date is.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that graphic.

OP
OP
Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PRO ordering is done for the model year. Sounds like for some people that haven't ordered yet, XLT will open back up.

Will Wave 3 people get their trucks before the end of the year? I won't say no, but Ford is scheduling for the last 2 weeks of November production tomorrow. I live 50 miles from the assembly plant and it took over a month from the production date for my truck to make it to my dealer. And then you have to figure Christmas week into the equation. I guess it all depends on when your production date is.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that graphic.
To clarify, I'm not viewing this as anything officially carved into stone. More anecdotal than anything but it at least gives me hope that I could potentially take delivery by EoY. I'm having a difficult time finding useful data points from Wave 1 and Wave 2 in terms of order date to delivery date but even if I could that would be less applicable than even this infographic as Ford ramp up resources. I get that this is all educated guesses for the most part but I thought that bit of info was an interesting data point to include with the topic.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To clarify, I'm not viewing this as anything officially carved into stone. More anecdotal than anything but it at least gives me hope that I could potentially take delivery by EoY. I'm having a difficult time finding useful data points from Wave 1 and Wave 2 in terms of order date to delivery date but even if I could that would be less applicable than even this infographic as Ford ramp up resources. I get that this is all educated guesses for the most part but I thought that bit of info was an interesting data point to include with the topic.
That chart basically refers to when trucks are expected to be produced. You cant predict when trucks will be delivered. I think its safe to say If you dont have a scheduled build date yet your not getting it in 2022.

OP
OP
Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That chart basically refers to when trucks are expected to be produced. You cant predict when trucks will be delivered. I think its safe to say If you dont have a scheduled build date yet your not getting it in 2022.
That's the assumption I've been operating on but... I'm still keeping hope alive! ;)

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Ford hasn’t even scheduled all the ‘22 orders that got rolled to ‘23…. There have been some wave3 orders scheduled already. Seems to be luck of the draw to some extent in addition to actual configuration. They claim they’re going to invite all current reservations by the end of summer ‘23 and those that have confirmed orders by 8/31 will be built by the end of ‘23. With 70% of the production happening in the 2nd half of the year….

I would say that if you’re not scheduled already, or in production in the next 10’daya or so, the chances of receiving the truck this year are slim. Probably wishful thinking.

OP
OP
Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford hasn’t even scheduled all the ‘22 orders that got rolled to ‘23…. There have been some wave3 orders scheduled already. Seems to be luck of the draw to some extent in addition to actual configuration. They claim they’re going to invite all current reservations by the end of summer ‘23 and those that have confirmed orders by 8/31 will be built by the end of ‘23. With 70% of the production happening in the 2nd half of the year….

I would say that if you’re not scheduled already, or in production in the next 10’daya or so, the chances of receiving the truck this year are slim. Probably wishful thinking.
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 3 Lightning Orders Projected to be Delivered in CY22 as 2023 MY Trucks? 779272dc5d6cd0a637034699f0ab3bc4
Sponsored