• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 3

First Name
Bernhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Then maybe it's a more dealer specific decision and Ford has some behind the scenes scorecard determining allocation? Maybe there isn't any sound reasoning and it's all dumb luck?
There are three things that bother me about all this:
1) My fortunes are tied to my local dealers grade and size - which makes absolutely no sense to me. Dumb me should have chosen a better dealer instead of the local, incompetent pone.
2) Ford has information about where in line everyone is and is not sharing it
3) Ford has information with respect to EV tax-credit phase out. And they are not sharing that either.
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
There are three things that bother me about all this:
1) My fortunes are tied to my local dealers grade and size - which makes absolutely no sense to me. Dumb me should have chosen a better dealer instead of the local, incompetent pone.
2) Ford has information about where in line everyone is and is not sharing it
3) Ford has information with respect to EV tax-credit phase out. And they are not sharing that either.
No system is perfect and Ford isn't telling us how the system is setup because they don't have to. It's seems as though the roll out is more planned and restricted then the Bronco madness which I think is best in the long run. Bottom line I think people would be alot happier if the dealers were upfront with line positioning which they DO have access to that info. I sent a email to the General Sale Manager at my dealer and he told me my position in line and allocations so far. Currently I'm #10 with a 5/20 reservation with a total of 3 allocations so far so 7 to go till my names up.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Have you asked if your dealer knows of their allocations for MY22? I'm nearly in the same boat in my area. Waiting sucks!...especially since I reserved at 830pm at the reveal.
Any other "Day One" reservation holders out there waiting for their invites??
I asked last week and they didnā€™t know how many they were getting. It looked like they had 7 invites so far and I am next in line on the reservation page in their system but I don't know if that means I'm actually next in line to get an invite. I'm cautiously optimistic.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The thing that's odd is how random it is. In my town there are multiple Ford dealers, when asked to pick one when I ordered, I went with the largest one. My thought was the larger dealers will get allocation preference for selling so many vehicles. My large dealer has gotten a lot of allocation, so it was the right move for personally.

However, there are other people at massive dealers that have only a few allocations so far. Then other people reserving a few days late at small dealerships that ended up in the front of the line because no one goes there. If anyone can crack the code for the next big Ford launch, they would become a very popular man on these forums.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
At this point itā€™s strange that Ford wonā€™t just email everyone and tell them which wave they will be in. Or if itā€™ll be 2023 MY. They have this info (except for the few that will extend their reservation), and nothing to gain by keeping it secret. Probably just disorganized IMHO.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
At this point itā€™s strange that Ford wonā€™t just email everyone and tell them which wave they will be in. Or if itā€™ll be 2023 MY. They have this info (except for the few that will extend their reservation), and nothing to gain by keeping it secret. Probably just disorganized IMHO.
I think itā€™s more that they want to maintain control of the info so they can adjust as needed. People are upset that they are in the dark but theyā€™d be LIVID if Ford told them they would be in Wave X and then Ford had to change it for some reason.

First Name
Bernhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
No system is perfect and Ford isn't telling us how the system is setup because they don't have to. It's seems as though the roll out is more planned and restricted then the Bronco madness which I think is best in the long run. Bottom line I think people would be alot happier if the dealers were upfront with line positioning which they DO have access to that info. I sent a email to the General Sale Manager at my dealer and he told me my position in line and allocations so far. Currently I'm #10 with a 5/20 reservation with a total of 3 allocations so far so 7 to go till my names up.
I asked my dealer those questions and all I get is "we know nothing, wait for your email from Ford". The upside of that answer is that they don't seem to mess with the waitlist.

First Name
Bernhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I see the challenge on their side ... They can't quite predict how many invitations for a wave are converted into orders. So it is a continuous check & adjust process. Make offers to order, see how many take the offer, adjust the pool with the ones who have declined, add new people to the pool, repeat. Until their MY22 capacity is covered. That is fair. I just want to know where in the line I am. And the ones who are getting offers now - what is their projected delivery date.

Deleted member 9341

Excellent point! And not that difficult. If people drop out in front of you (and they will) you get a pleasant surprise and move up. Instead they simply managed to piss most people off and leave a giant vacuum for constant speculation, frustration and bad publicity

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
Reserved on 20 May. Reading everything, I was resigned to getting my Lightning in MY23.
Got an email from my dealership yesterday saying:

ā€œHi Mark,

I hope you're doing well!

I wanted to give you a heads up that we got a notice from Ford, and you should be receiving an email in the next couple of days to build your Lightning! If you run to any issues or have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know!ā€

Smaller dealership so maybe I got lucky. Iā€™m hoping ā€œbuildā€ means ā€œorderā€, so weā€™ll see.
So no email yet, but my Ford account says that I am Ready To Order! It states order by 31 March. So I guess the combo of a smaller dealership and a May 20th reservation worked. As a side note, I did not get a dealer preference or moved to the front of the line. The only Ford I own is a classic ā€˜68 Mustang and havenā€™t been in a Ford dealership in 10 years. But I am excited!
Sponsored