• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 3

me!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning
If you're from a ZEV state, that trumps reservation time in many cases. If the ZEV dealer I know gets the same allocations in the last few waves that they got so far, they will end up with around 50 MY22 Lightnings. Non-ZEV dealers are trending towards 10 Lightnings if each wave stays consistent (based on what I've read on here).

My guess is MY22 allows Ford to check some ZEV box, MY23 is going to be a much more consistent nationwide rollout. This is based purely on wave 1-3 order numbers confirmed so far, I don't have any inside info or anything.
I'm from a ZEV state, NY. My upstate dealer had zero for wave 1 and zero for wave 2. I'm 6th out of 60 on their list. I'm baffled!
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
It feels like Xmas eve except I don’t know if Christmas will actually come tomorrow. :LOL:

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Have you asked if your dealer knows of their allocations for MY22? I'm nearly in the same boat in my area. Waiting sucks!...especially since I reserved at 830pm at the reveal.
Any other "Day One" reservation holders out there waiting for their invites??

moya7

First Name
Momo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i, 2022 Bronco BaseSquatch on order
I'm from a ZEV state, NY. My upstate dealer had zero for wave 1 and zero for wave 2. I'm 6th out of 60 on their list. I'm baffled!
I reserved within the first few minutes, as fast as the website would allow, and I'm #15 at my dealership. Ive tried figuring out my exact res time using the method others have suggested but to no avail. I think this is even more frustrating than the Bronco launch! Come on Ford, I've been driving BMW's and Audi's for years and you're not making this easy!

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Click on your reservation details in your account at ford.com. simply go to the site abd login to your account and select your reservation info. Hope that helps.?

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
You may also have received an email from ford confirming your reservation. There should be a time on that email from them.

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
Are wave 3 orders happening tomorrow? Is the pro model sold out for all of 2022?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Are wave 3 orders happening tomorrow? Is the pro model sold out for all of 2022?
Yes & Yes, at least that is the latest speculation regarding the PRO trim

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I’ll repeat, only Ford knows who is getting an invitation. The Prioritization made by dealers is just one factor. It’s the reason dealers says they have you at #5, claim you are ordering a Lightning this week and then are confused why you didn’t get to order.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I had a very very low number on few moments after the site opened and my dealer almost took my order then backed out. My guess is some big wig is taking my truck.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
If you're from a ZEV state, that trumps reservation time in many cases. If the ZEV dealer I know gets the same allocations in the last few waves that they got so far, they will end up with around 50 MY22 Lightnings. Non-ZEV dealers are trending towards 10 Lightnings if each wave stays consistent (based on what I've read on here).

My guess is MY22 allows Ford to check some ZEV box, MY23 is going to be a much more consistent nationwide rollout. This is based purely on wave 1-3 order numbers confirmed so far, I don't have any inside info or anything.
We’ve seen like two forum members in MO get invites. No EV-certified dealer I’ve talked to here has had one. You may have an extra zero on that “10”.

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
My dealer told me that on wave 1. He was wrong. But good luck!
Yeah, I’m taking it with a grain of salt. I’ll post the email from Ford if I get it tomorrow (or an update if I don’t)

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
We’ve seen like two forum members in MO get invites. No EV-certified dealer I’ve talked to here has had one. You may have an extra zero on that “10”.
My Dealer in MO told me he's converted 2 orders. It might not be typical, but it gives me some comfort.

Last edited:

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Then maybe it's a more dealer specific decision and Ford has some behind the scenes scorecard determining allocation? Maybe there isn't any sound reasoning and it's all dumb luck?
Sponsored