• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
40k for 2022 Model year is very very optimistic. I think 15k to 25k is a much better estimate. Just getting to 20k would be a great ramp up!
True, i tent to be optimistic, lol, i want a MY2022 :)
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Being very optimistic they will produce around 40k MY2022, now, if they allocate 60% for lariat and platinum models then only 24k lariats/platinums will be produced in 2022. Then, u will only have the chance to get MY2022 if u ordered the lightning in the first hour of reveal and if u r priority by ur dealer and if ur dealer is a big dealer and if ordered a Lariat/platinum; and it helps that u r in a EV state. If any or more of those r missed, i think u r looking at a MY2023 or MY2024

Yes, ford stated they will double production by 2023 for 150k unit but i really doubt they can improve production for 2022 given the chips and parts shortages. Perhaps 2023 can be a better year in terms of production, 100k+ units, however 2022 it is not going to be possible most likely.

I reserved it at the first hour of the unveiling (10816xxx) and i am priority at my dealer but my dealer is not big and i am not in a EV state. I have called my dealer and they told me they r expecting to get only 3 to 5 MY2022 in total so they said just wait and see if i am lucky one ... They told me most likely MY2023 i will get
40k for 2022 Model year is very very optimistic. I think 15k to 25k is a much better estimate. Just getting to 20k would be a great ramp up!
Reserving around 3 hours after the 9:30 Eastern reveal hopefully give me a good chance of getting a MY22. Also, I believe my dealer also gave me number 10 priority since I am a regular customer. Regardless though, if I don’t get the MY22, no big deal. Just stinks waiting for something knowing that you might not get it.

Last edited:

Jaspernuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 mustang
I would really like to know how big if any allocation has an effect. I'm #2, but didn't order until June. So, if they get 2 allocations I'm in, but if it's timestamp only I'm waiting.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I would really like to know how big if any allocation has an effect. I'm #2, but didn't order until June. So, if they get 2 allocations I'm in, but if it's timestamp only I'm waiting.
If you are second in line, you certainly have a better shot. There's a higher likelihood you'll get an invite to order a 2022 than someone who is #50+ even at a larger dealer and even if they have a reservation in the first day or week. However we still don't have any idea on allocations. I feel like Ford is going to try and make sure they can deliver the trucks that are ordered for 2022 and that is why they are using this wave system. They are going to shut down ordering once they are full for the model year and as long as they can hit their estimated production target then everyone who is invited to order a 2022 should get their truck built.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
So I’m mid 30s at granger with a reservation about 30-45 minutes after the presentation on the 19th. I feel like ford is going to screw so many people. I’m certainly in the first 15,000 or so reservations but my dealership choice is going to push me out of 2022 and force me to go else where seeing as I need a vehicle this year.
I feel bad for your dealership experience. The only problem you switching dealers now is that regardless of your timestamp, many dealers prioritized their orders by December 17th. There are a lot that did not. So for you to have a shot, you need to find a dealer with low order number AND that didn't prioritize orders. Ford should not allow dealerships to be able to prioritize, because many prioritized their own employees with later reservations to top spots. B.S. in my opinion. I'd suggest you go in person to as many local dealerships as you can and try to get a straight answer from each. I emailed MANY local dealerships late december to get an answer about ADM, not one emailed back. Also got zero straight answers over the phone. Maybe if you talk to them in person sometime earlier in the day when they not busy, they will be more open and willing to give you info. And maybe if they like you, they will give you good price and not play games.

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I feel bad for your dealership experience. The only problem you switching dealers now is that regardless of your timestamp, many dealers prioritized their orders by December 17th. There are a lot that did not. So for you to have a shot, you need to find a dealer with low order number AND that didn't prioritize orders. Ford should not allow dealerships to be able to prioritize, because many prioritized their own employees with later reservations to top spots. B.S. in my opinion. I'd suggest you go in person to as many local dealerships as you can and try to get a straight answer from each. I emailed MANY local dealerships late december to get an answer about ADM, not one emailed back. Also got zero straight answers over the phone. Maybe if you talk to them in person sometime earlier in the day when they not busy, they will be more open and willing to give you info. And maybe if they like you, they will give you good price and not play games.
I wouldn't say i have had a bad dealership experience, so far Granger has been great. Its the way Ford is handling it that's the problem. Honestly i dont see me switching dealerships. Granger is only about 90 minutes away and the locals here either are clueless or adding ADMs that im not willing to pay. Ford could have made this all better by telling dealerships your getting 2 priority orders and then 1 more per 25 reservations with a max of 5 for 22MY. After that let it fall to the order sequence, and god forbid be open about it!!! Ive owned 11 Fords in the past 12 years or so and this me seriously considering a different option, even though i prefer just getting a lightning.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Ford could have made this all better by telling dealerships your getting 2 priority orders
I think zero priority slots would have been the perfect number. The pay-for-priority dealer schemes were predictable, especially in this market, and gave Ford a load of bad press.

The slots pissed off a lot more people (including long-term Ford customers) than they helped. It doesn't matter so much now since Ford has a captive audience and can sell as many as they can make, but it will start to matter a lot more when competitor electric trucks come to market and ramp up production.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I didn't follow the whole MME launch since i wasn't interested in it that much, but wouldn't one just read up on old MME forums
I think zero priority slots would have been the perfect number. The pay-for-priority dealer schemes were predictable, especially in this market, and gave Ford a load of bad press.

The slots pissed off a lot more people (including long-term Ford customers) than they helped. It doesn't matter so much now since Ford has a captive audience and can sell as many as they can make, but it will start to matter a lot more when competitor electric trucks come to market and ramp up production.
All this Pay-for-priority talk making me have flashbacks to Rod Blagojevich trying to sell Obama's senate seat back in the day here in Illinois...what happened to him? oh ya, he went to jail..should be the case for dealerships putting their employee's in top priority spots, and for ford allowing priority spots.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer

I think priority was going to happen though no matter what. Too many dealerships with loyal customers who are computer illiterate and never would have understood the process.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I think priority was going to happen though no matter what. Too many dealerships with loyal customers who are computer illiterate and never would have understood the process.
Customers would have had to place a reservation before the priority scheme was announced by Ford. Thankfully Ford shut down the reservation system before they allowed the dealers to prioritize--otherwise it would have been even more of a s**tshow.

Also, not sure that computer illiterate customers are the best people to buy an electric car right now.
Sponsored