• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 5 or 6? Order invitation received today (Tuesday). Ordered Lariat SR - regret ?

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My biggest concern with PHEV is all of the extra maintenance, especially if you can avoid running the engine very much. Gas with ethanol just doesn't that long and can gum an engine pretty good if you only have to get a tank once a year or so....
Actually maintenance on our PHEV has been almost nil compared to our ICE vehicle.
Even after 40,000 miles, the brakes are still at 80% due to the regen braking.
Oil changes 3 times - local shop $50 each time.
Small gas tank (7 gallons) keeps fresh fuel every month flowing...
Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Actually maintenance on our PHEV has been almost nil compared to our ICE vehicle.
Even after 40,000 miles, the brakes are still at 80% due to the regen braking.
Oil changes 3 times - local shop $50 each time.
Small gas tank (7 gallons) keeps fresh fuel every month flowing...
2016 with 33k miles. Had to do the brakes because of rust on the rotors. Lots of brake pad life, but corrosion on the rotors from not enough aggressive braking is our problem. Our bolt, at just over two years old almost failed inspection due to rust on the front rotors (looked great on the outside, but the inside surface was bad). If there was only a way to keep the rotors/pads corrosion free while only gently braking (efficient use of brakes).

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I get the appeal, but I have also been considering a classic car as a weekender / show car / something to wrench on for fun. I am going to sell my GT350 next summer and should clear enough to buy a decent quality early 1970's Mustang (always my favorite look). Not sure if I am going to do that though, having one less vehicle to manage has it's appeal too.
That's a fair exception! I've always liked the look of the Volvo P1800 and if I ever had the time and money to restore one I'd be game.

Check out this version from Cyan: https://www.cyanracing.com/news/2020/09/02/revealing-the-volvo-p1800-cyan
?

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
2016 with 33k miles. Had to do the brakes because of rust on the rotors. Lots of brake pad life, but corrosion on the rotors from not enough aggressive braking is our problem. Our bolt, at just over two years old almost failed inspection due to rust on the front rotors (looked great on the outside, but the inside surface was bad). If there was only a way to keep the rotors/pads corrosion free while only gently braking (efficient use of brakes).
How long did you go between fuelings? I think if I had one I would use it like a very short range EV and never let the engine run. Not sure the fuel would be good after a few years.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How long did you go between fuelings? I think if I had one I would use it like a very short range EV and never let the engine run. Not sure the fuel would be good after a few years.
I try to use it like a very short range EV. Sometimes it fights me (even with light throttle application it will run in the cold). My recent fueling history: it has a 13.2 gallon tank though it will take 14.2 from completely empty. Dec 13 2019 11.5 gallons, 1/7/20 9.9gallons, 3/19/20 11.5 gallons, 9/22/20 10.6, 2/10/21 13.5, 5/12/21 13.5 gallons, 12/28/21 13.2 gallons, 3/1/22 12.2 gallons. Engine ran automatically do use to fuel age in Sept 20, Jan/Feb 21 and December 21. As you can tell, it forces engine use when cold and uses most of the fuel in the winter.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I try to use it like a very short range EV. Sometimes it fights me (even with light throttle application it will run in the cold). My recent fueling history: it has a 13.2 gallon tank though it will take 14.2 from completely empty. Dec 13 2019 11.5 gallons, 1/7/20 9.9gallons, 3/19/20 11.5 gallons, 9/22/20 10.6, 2/10/21 13.5, 5/12/21 13.5 gallons, 12/28/21 13.2 gallons, 3/1/22 12.2 gallons. Engine ran automatically do use to fuel age in Sept 20, Jan/Feb 21 and December 21. As you can tell, it forces engine use when cold and uses most of the fuel in the winter.
Any way to disable to engine (pull fuse for fuel pump?)

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any way to disable to engine (pull fuse for fuel pump?)
I ran it out of gas once... It reduced EV power available at that point and the 87hp 5000 pound vehicle was no longer allowing all 87hp. If I could plug in at work the winter could be better. Sometimes it won't start on the way there, but if less than 50 at time of departure to go home it will start at some point on the way home. I got almost 2000 miles on one tank of gas once (April through August).

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Now.....will I regret a bunch of features I don't really want with a 5K ADM on top. Gonna meet my dealer Thursday to discuss.
whoa, where you going? Kearny Mesa Ford was promising no ADM or forced ads in writing as of a few months ago. I eventually ended up at El Centro Motors out in Imperial County for no ADM and only 10 orders in front of me (I was 120th or so at Kearny Mesa). If you change dealerships let me know and I'll put you in contact with the owner so you don't have to deal with a sales person.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
whoa, where you going? Kearny Mesa Ford was promising no ADM or forced ads in writing as of a few months ago. I eventually ended up at El Centro Motors out in Imperial County for no ADM and only 10 orders in front of me (I was 120th or so at Kearny Mesa). If you change dealerships let me know and I'll put you in contact with the owner so you don't have to deal with a sales person.
I'll give this up......my dealer is Gosch Ford Temecula... I didn't meet with them yet cause I really think I'll extend and get what I want..Pro or XLT SR or ER. I wish I knew what will be available. I just hope the dealer games will settle down by then.

Interesting note on KM Ford...Called them a couple of months back about a MME. Interesting chat with a saleman that eventually told me that there is no ADM for the MME and he thought none for the Lightning and he thought they had 400 reservations but wasn't sure... But he said there is a $2900 add-on for paint protection and alarm that they all get...The boss wasn't there to talk to but I believe he has posted here on this forum and has a good rep.

Thanks for the heads-up on El Centro. I'll be reaching out when I really decide to order. Things could change a lot by then if I extend...Maybe by then we will really know who to trust.
Cheers,Scott

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll give this up......my dealer is Gosch Ford Temecula... I didn't meet with them yet cause I really think I'll extend and get what I want..Pro or XLT SR or ER. I wish I knew what will be available. I just hope the dealer games will settle down by then.

Interesting note on KM Ford...Called them a couple of months back about a MME. Interesting chat with a saleman that eventually told me that there is no ADM for the MME and he thought none for the Lightning and he thought they had 400 reservations but wasn't sure... But he said there is a $2900 add-on for paint protection and alarm that they all get...The boss wasn't there to talk to but I believe he has posted here on this forum and has a good rep.

Thanks for the heads-up on El Centro. I'll be reaching out when I really decide to order. Things could change a lot by then if I extend...Maybe by then we will really know who to trust.
Cheers,Scott
This is from my email blast Jan 6th:

OUR PRICING COMMITMENTS:
To restate our pricing commitments: We are selling all Lightning special orders for MSRP only, we are not charging any additional fees or ADMS, and there will be no forced add-ons.

That’s it for now! Thank you for being a future customer of ours!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
I'm not sure if they changed their policy, but I moved my reservation to the desert once the first waves went out with a sum total of...one. There was no way I was getting an order invite there with my current position being over 100!

I doubt there will be any non-fleet Pros next year. If I was forced to guess I'd say the few that are going to be made this year are purely for advertising purposes so they could flash that sexy $39,999 price tag during their reveal. If they offer them next year, and that's a big if imo, I'd be more surprised if they didn't only offer a dozen again. The XL ER looks like bad value all around and with a price increase and depending on how the timing lands resulting in a reduction of federal rebate dollars by the time you get one in hand I'd be concerned the difference between an XL ER and a Lariat ER will be minimal.

My Lariat ER penciled out to $81K. I believe the XL ER was $72K. By the time you calculate all the various permutations of how this will all go down you're probably looking at a paycheck or two difference in price for a rig that's could potentially be your last pickup purchase.

EDIT: also, if you currently have an invite to convert to an order, your allocation is portable. That means you can take your order to any dealership and retain your place (and order) in line. If you have an open invitation I would suggest not even wasting your time with Temecula. Call Eric and confirm the no ADM/Adds commitment and then call Ford Co. and switch. After about ten minutes you'll be all set to order!

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My Lariat ER penciled out to $81K. I believe the XL ER was $72K. By the time you calculate all the various permutations of how this will all go down you're probably looking at a paycheck or two difference in price for a rig that's could potentially be your last pickup purchase.

EDIT: also, if you currently have an invite to convert to an order, your allocation is portable. That means you can take your order to any dealership and retain your place (and order) in line. If you have an open invitation I would suggest not even wasting your time with Temecula. Call Eric and confirm the no ADM/Adds commitment and then call Ford Co. and switch. After about ten minutes you'll be all set to order!
I am still in shock I ordered a Lariat SR base with no options.

70K for a F150 is just scary!

The only thing the I found redeeming is the ventilated front seats which I really would use 300 days out of the year in the warm climate I live in.

Just not happy with 20" wheels, black hot leather, and running boards...

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I am still in shock I ordered a Lariat SR base with no options.

70K for a F150 is just scary!

The only thing the I found redeeming is the ventilated front seats which I really would use 300 days out of the year in the warm climate I live in.

Just not happy with 20" wheels, black hot leather, and running boards...
I hear ya Pat....I don't want 20" wheels or the big screen or the running boards or the moon roof or the power tailgate and I still don't need a computer to help me drive safely........So i just extended for
the Pro and it looks like I can change it to XLT if I want to......
If it doesn't pan out in a reasonable time I'll extend to a Silverado LOL...

Thanks EX Civil..Eric Bunch is the guy....I'll probably move there when I get the invite on the extension..

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Cheers,Scott
I moved my order from Fritts Ford to KM Ford. Before moving it I also contacted them about ADM or Add-Ons and they said no to both unless I asked for them. I have Nick as my salesperson but @denny@KMFord is the Manager I believe that also stated no ADM or gimmicks.

KM also has a dedicated Lightning email address with a Rep who will answer all your questions. $2900 is steep for a car wash and dealer tracker smh

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
black hot leather
Yeah, I didn't want any of that and had an XL on order but my wife kept asking whether it had keyless entry and start like our old rig, and then power seats w/ memory, and then power pedals w/ memory, etc. Each question resulted in a trim bump until we ran out of trims...

I originally had AT tires but then realized I'm going to swap the 20s for 17/18s if I ever take it off-road...and then realized I'm not getting rid of my 05 anyway :p

But I can help with the black leather issue...it's called "black" but the lariat interior is more of a grey.
Sponsored