• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wheel/Rim Help for a Newbie

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Greetings all.

I am looking for a nice seat of wheels to put onto my ER Lariat. I REALLY want a set of these however I see a lot of posters saying to make sure new wheels are rated for the Lightning.

The Rousch site says they can be put on the Lightning, however I'm ignorant and inexperienced in such matters so I am asking you smart people for help.

If the wheels are not good for the truck, can you inform me as to how I would know if a wheel is good for the truck.

I'm wanting to put a set of Nokian Outposts on the truck and use the OEM wheels for my snow tires.

Thank you in advance smart people.

Ford F-150 Lightning Wheel/Rim Help for a Newbie 1693745541307
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Divide that 4950 by 2 and each wheel should have that load rating

So 2475 should be each wheel.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
I have approximately the same question, but then my rebuttal to above: does this factor in yiu have a full payload and are pulling full weight?

OP
OP
It's Just Me

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well thank you all. The nice, and I must say quite speedy, folks at Roush got back to me. Weight rating just squeaked by at 2,500 pounds per wheel.

God-willing I'll get them this spring.

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
2,500 pounds per wheel.
Just picked up a set of rims for winter with same rating, we'll see how it works out. It's a little tight for my liking but the price was right. All the best!

OP
OP
It's Just Me

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just picked up a set of rims for winter with same rating, we'll see how it works out. It's a little tight for my liking but the price was right. All the best!
Same rims? Just wondering what the color difference between the OEMs and the Roush rims.

I'll keep the OEMs for winter since they are less likely to cake snow into them and cause an unbalanced ride.

OP
OP
It's Just Me

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No, they are silver Mb legacy. Easier to clean out snow. Those rousch should match well though.
Had a set of OEM 20" rims on my '15 F-150. Used to have scrape the frozen snow and ice bits. Hit 45 and the truck would shimmy from the weight change in the wheels.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
scrape the frozen snow and ice
Ya, I found my stock Lariat rims were tough to clean so went with the more open spokes this time. My previous f150, I had Ford steel rims that didn't hold as much ice but they were only 17".

I'm looking at winter tires now, they aren't cheap at 20" though. Over $250 USD per.

OP
OP
It's Just Me

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm looking at winter tires now, they aren't cheap at 20" though. Over $250 USD per.
I understand, however I look at this way when it comes to tires (none of which are inexpensive for an F-150.)

The only part of the vehicle that contacts the road and road conditions are the tires. I don't chintz out on my tires.

I don't care about me or the truck. But when I have my children and those I love more than myself in the vehicle, that $250 is nothing. It's an $80,000 truck. We're talking $1200 for the tires (YES it is a lot, spread out over a 5 year life span). That is how I justify it. I'll still b!tch, moan, p!ss, whine, complain, have a temper tantrum and stomp my feet.......but it makes it so I can digest the expenditure better.
Sponsored