• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Will the lightning pro support Sirius xm ?

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
Is there any inputs on the 2023 Pro FM radio that will allow you to add Siriusxm ?

thanks
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
It comes with it integrated, just needs to be activated to an account.

Edit: Hmm, I stand corrected. That's what happens when I make an assumption.

Last edited:

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The pro doesn't have SiriusXM according to the spec sheets.
Someone with access to the actual order system can confirm better than I can.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nobody has a 2023 yet. But my guess is no. My ice XL does not have Sirius xm. You have to change the radio module

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Download the app on your phone and you can just use the SiriusXM app as your audio source within Android Auto/CarPlay.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I am planning on using my Sirius XM "Roady" receiver in my 2023 Lightning Pro when it is delivered.
I was wondering if the FM radio has an aux input for say an MP3 player, iPod, etc.?

I use my iPod with my Nissan Leaf by just plugging it into the USB port - it is detected by the audio system (which also has XM radio). But I don't imagine that will work in the Lightning Pro.

I have used my Sirius XM 'Roady' receiver with my old (2001) Ford Ranger by tuning the FM radio to a particular channel on which the 'Roady' transmits to the FM radio via an add-on transmitting device - lotsawires. Not as convenient as a built-in XM tuner, but did the job.

A few years ago I put into my 2001 Ranger a Sony AM/FM/CD player that has an aux input and a USB input, and so I can plug the iPod into the aux jack, or into a USB socket and the 'Roady' into into the aux jack. Even more wires to cope with tho...

Ford is notorious for making it difficult to add after-market audio equipment, but an experienced installer can do it for a price, or one could DIY it.

My old 'Roady' and the transmitting dongle were made de to plug into a cigarette lighter outlet for power, but since there is 120v power outlets on the Lightning, they can be powered with an appropriate 12vdc transformer.

Another option, to avoid all the power and satellite antenna wires, is to use a smart-phone and the Sirius streaming app then blue-tooth it to the Ford system as suggested above.

Somehow I am going to find a way to have my way with the audio!

EDIT/ADDITION: there is a newer version of the 'Roady' for under $90 at Amazon which uses blue tooth: https://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-Roady-Vehicle-Satellite-Radio/dp/B09WKV7YT2

Last edited: