• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

You must change the dealer BEFORE you get your invitation to order

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I don't know if this is well known or not, but I was just told that if you want to change the dealer on your reservation, you have to do it before you get the invitation to place your order.

This was critical to me because I found the dealer I selected is now adding $20K to the price. Future Ford in Concord, CA are freeking crooks!
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
This is change to the prior process but I don't doubt it to be true. Curious where you heard this?

OP
OP
skattch

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
That is what I was told when I called Ford Customer Experience: (800) 334-4375.

There is nothing is anything I ever received warning me of this. Luckily I was able to change my reservation.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I changed my order from Corwin Ford of Springfield, MO to Granger AFTER my invitation came through and the “no ADM” twice in writing was suddenly $30,000 ADM. Picked up the truck last Friday.

I would say if one’s dealer is giving off a bad vibe, just change immediately to a known safe dealer. Shouldn’t have to be this hard and a dealer ought to be happy with 10% commission for giving the car a wash and filing papers, but here we are.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
When you convert the reservation to an order and the dealer accepts the order, you cannot change dealers. You can change dealers after you've been invited to order, but before the order is accepted.

Edit: Evidently only applied to the first several waves of 2022 orders.

Last edited:

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I don't know if this is well known or not, but I was just told that if you want to change the dealer on your reservation, you have to do it before you get the invitation to place your order.

This was critical to me because I found the dealer I selected is now adding $20K to the price. Future Ford in Concord, CA are freeking crooks!
Was this order for a 2023 Pro or XLT that you extended your reservation ?

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Concord and Fremont were both bad with ADM and Broncos. Definitely look into Walnut Creek Ford. If I remember right, a Bronco became available from an order not sold and they sold it to a fireman for no mark up. They were good to work with from what I read over a year ago. If they stayed the same, they are probably no mark up for Lightning orders.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
When you convert the reservation to an order and the dealer accepts the order, you cannot change dealers. You can change dealers after you've been invited to order, but before the order is accepted.
Recent invites to order have not been able to do this after calling Ford.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
The 2023 emails include the same language about the ability to change your dealer, right? I wonder if the restriction is limited to the private offer waves only.

Sponsored
OP
OP
skattch

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Was this order for a 2023 Pro or XLT that you extended your reservation ?
I actually ordered the Platinum. I just cannot pass up a toy or option in a new vehicle.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Has anyone in wave 3 changed dealers successfully? Wondering if that functionality is working again now that we’re out of the extended group.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

ace-rockola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Lightning Lariat ER
Unfortunately I just discovered this today myself. Reserved on the day of announcement, got my invite to order this week (9/7/22). Tried to change my dealer today to @Granger Ford by calling Ford (like the website currently says to do) and was told they cannot do it after the order invite is sent.

Frustrating because my dealer added $1k ADM and also bumped me out of my prioritized spot for the '22 which basically is costing me $10k due to the price hike and lack of tax credit eligibility.

Now debating whether to bite the bullet or try to negotiate with the dealer about the ADM bait and switch (they previously told me they were not doing ADM).

Anyone have any luck changing their dealer for this most recent wave?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Unfortunately I just discovered this today myself. Reserved on the day of announcement, got my invite to order this week (9/7/22). Tried to change my dealer today by calling Ford (like the website currently says to do) and was told they cannot do it after the order invite is sent.

Frustrating because my dealer added $1k ADM and also bumped me out of my prioritized spot for the '22 which basically is costing me $10k due to the price hike and lack of tax credit eligibility.

Now debating whether to bite the bullet or try to negotiate with the dealer about the ADM bait and switch (they previously told me they were not doing ADM).

Anyone have any luck changing their dealer for this most recent wave?
Might be worth showing the Customer Service rep at Ford that on their website it still says to call to change before an order is placed...not invite received.
Sponsored