• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Jim's just like Ford... offers us enough of a tease for us all to be rapt with interest, then he says "Hold on, I'll get back to you... sometime." ;P
Yeah what the hell, not like he waited forever for it or anything!

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
FWIW, I got my final pricing from @Granger Ford today for my Pro.

The $1000 discount (below MSRP), the $5000 Price Protection, and the $7000 Private Offer were all included right off the bat. They didn't attempt to pretend like I wasn't eligible or they couldn't see it or didn't know. I haven't signed the paperwork quite yet (doing it remote since I'm in FL), so it's not a 100% done deal, yet, but this is a great indication that any dealer acting like you aren't qualified or you only qualify for one of the discounts or they can't see the discounts are either:

a) Wrong
b) Lying

TL;DR - The dealer can see the Price Protection AND the Private Offer for Pros.
We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business!

Sponsored

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Just spent about two hours on the phone with Ford Marketing (and a few other departments). I didn't learn much, but I pleaded with the agent to just offer any written information about whether the mid-model year price increase should be protected or not.

She was not able to get it in writing, but I now have an escalated ticket that should get me higher up the chain.

I told her that I'd honestly be ok with either answer at this point. I just want to get to the bottom of it, and help solve the problem for everyone else that's in my same boat.

pdxmadman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Extended Range, Rapid Red
Just spent about two hours on the phone with Ford Marketing (and a few other departments). I didn't learn much, but I pleaded with the agent to just offer any written information about whether the mid-model year price increase should be protected or not.

She was not able to get it in writing, but I now have an escalated ticket that should get me higher up the chain.

I told her that I'd honestly be ok with either answer at this point. I just want to get to the bottom of it, and help solve the problem for everyone else that's in my same boat.
For my Oregon peeps: I also "won". Dealership called me this morning around 10:30am and acknowledged the $5k price protection on top of the already acknowledged private offer. No hassle. In and out before noon. Total out the door with options, tax and registration was about $44k.

My lesson would be to not depend on the night crew to understand all the intricacies of the Ford system. The inventory manager figured it all out this morning. The Finance guy and the Finance head acknowledged their mistake after seeing the actual notes from Ford corporate in August regarding the Private Offer and again in October regarding the price protection.

All is well and I am a happy camper.

There were a couple of scratches on the vehicle that will require the body shop. They saw them and acknowledge responsibility before I left. Those will be taken care of in the next few weeks whenever I schedule.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
For my Oregon peeps: I also "won". Dealership called me this morning around 10:30am and acknowledged the $5k price protection on top of the already acknowledged private offer. No hassle. In and out before noon. Total out the door with options, tax and registration was about $44k.

My lesson would be to not depend on the night crew to understand all the intricacies of the Ford system. The inventory manager figured it all out this morning. The Finance guy and the Finance head acknowledged their mistake after seeing the actual notes from Ford corporate in August regarding the Private Offer and again in October regarding the price protection.

There were a couple of scratches on the vehicle that will require the body shop. They saw them and acknowledge responsibility before I left. Those will be taken care of in the next few weeks whenever I schedule.
Great to hear man, congrats. What dealership were you working with?

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150

That's so awesome! Congrats!
Sponsored