• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Just ran into the video on YouTube and didn’t see it on our forum with a search. This guy was in an emergency to pick up his wife from work who was too scared to drive home. Let’s just say I wouldn’t do this on purpose, but he was going for it.

Sponsored

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
Seems bad to submerge the HV battery like this yea?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Seems bad to submerge the HV battery like this yea?
Battery should be sealed water tight and not be an issue. I would worry a bit about the connectors. I know the Rivian is rated to ford 3 ft. of water. I think I remember the Lightning being OK for up to 12", but I am not sure on that at all

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I crossed a creek on the farm the other day that has a rock path across it that the farmers use. Water was higher than expected. I had the windows down and heard the front cooling fans hit the water on entry. The water was just below or at the running boards at the deepest part. I assume this is why ford says only 12" of water. I was in and out in seconds but I could see those front cooling fans not wanting to be under water trying to spin.

Sponsored

Wattsgas

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F250
Ford owners manual states to only cross water no deeper than the bottom of the wheel hub. So a little less than half a wheel depth.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Ford owners manual states to only cross water no deeper than the bottom of the wheel hub. So a little less than half a wheel depth.
That's pretty standard language for most trucks as they don't want water in the bearings and axles. Same applies to the lightning.

It amazes me the attempts by people in modern gasoline powered vehicles to ford extremely deep water. The electrical system is the first thing to short out if you don't suck water into the intake first.
Sponsored