• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences?

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I reserved my adapter from Ford, but it won't get there until after I leave on a couple of planned trips. I'm thinking about ordering the A2Z or Lectron adapter to use on my trips, and maybe sell on eBay after my Ford-supplied adapter arrives.

For those who have them, how has your experience been? I know it's early, but I'm sure at least a handful of people have tried them out. Would you buy one again?

I'd rather not spend the money, but some peace of mind while towing may be worth the cost.
Sponsored

epicjoeava

First Name
Joseph Avagyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
The A2Z one works as posted by many members here and on company's official X account.
Nothing regarding Lectron, no reported deliveries since the launch in November.

I am waiting for my A2Z adapter and will post here as soon I get it. No doubt it works, these adapters are dumb!

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I tried my A2Z adapter yesterday. The lock that secures the adapter to the NACS cable was a little fussy, but it was also dark and cold and I was in a hurry. And it was the first time I used it.

however, it locks securely, and doesn’t let electrons flow if it isn’t locked. Disconnecting was no problem.

Overall, it’s a solid unit, works as advertised, and did not catch itself or the truck on fire. Glad I have it.

EDIT: Tried Supercharging again today - a little warmer, daylight, no rain. When I could see what I was doing, the A2Z adapter connected easily and securely.

Last edited:

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I am waiting to hear about anyone using the A2Z adapter on a non-Ford, using the Tesla app to manually activate the dispenser.

In my tinkering with the app, I noticed that you have to put in your vehicle make/model for it to show the available v3 chargers that are supported. I tried putting in my son's car (a BMW i3), and the app doesn't list any available SC locations. So I am wondering if it's possible today to just tell the app that you have a Ford, but plug in a non-Ford with an adapter. Since you can do manual activation instead of Plug&Charge, I'm thinking this might work, unless Tesla specifically forbids non-Fords by VIN (via CCS communication).

I would order my son an A2Z adapter today if I could see anyone else proving it out with a non-Ford.

OP
OP

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I am waiting to hear about anyone using the A2Z adapter on a non-Ford, using the Tesla app to manually activate the dispenser.

In my tinkering with the app, I noticed that you have to put in your vehicle make/model for it to show the available v3 chargers that are supported. I tried putting in my son's car (a BMW i3), and the app doesn't list any available SC locations. So I am wondering if it's possible today to just tell the app that you have a Ford, but plug in a non-Ford with an adapter. Since you can do manual activation instead of Plug&Charge, I'm thinking this might work, unless Tesla specifically forbids non-Fords by VIN (via CCS communication).

I would order my son an A2Z adapter today if I could see anyone else proving it out with a non-Ford.
Apparently not.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I also wonder if anyone was able to charge using the Tesla app only AND did not get/install the OTA update that allows Plug & Charge. In other words does the OTA also do some other needed things for this process or is it truly just optional to use the P&C.

Because we know how well Ford writes release notes you know....

EDIT: Answered here. It works w/o the OTA update. Just make sure you have filled out the info the Tesla app asks for including address.

Last edited:

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
I tried my A2Z adapter yesterday. The lock that secures the adapter to the NACS cable was a little fussy, but it was also dark and cold and I was in a hurry. And it was the first time I used it.

however, it locks securely, and doesn’t let electrons flow if it isn’t locked. Disconnecting was no problem.

Overall, it’s a solid unit, works as advertised, and did not catch itself or the truck on fire. Glad I have it.
so did you just plug and charge or do you have to do something on a specific app?

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
so did you just plug and charge or do you have to do something on a specific app?
I had the OTA update, and updated FordPass, but Plug &Charge did not seem to work. I have the Tesla app for my Powerwall setup, so all I had to do was tel it I was driving a Lightning and the Tesla App worked fine.

Reactions: GDN

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
I had the OTA update, and updated FordPass, but Plug &Charge did not seem to work. I have the Tesla app for my Powerwall setup, so all I had to do was tel it I was driving a Lightning and the Tesla App worked fine.
How do I tell the Tesla app that I am driving a lightning? I have the app

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How do I tell the Tesla app that I am driving a lightning? I have the app
First, you have to update the App so that you have the “Charge Your Other EV” option. “Charge Your Non-Tesla” is the old version.

Vehicle Details is in the Charging section of the main menu.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
such a pity to have to rely on Tesla's app to pay since Ford can't get the OTA problem resolved for 2023 Lightnings. Letting the competition show them up again.

johnnyonetime

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The A2Z one works as posted by many members here and on company's official X account.
Nothing regarding Lectron, no reported deliveries since the launch in November.

I am waiting for my A2Z adapter and will post here as soon I get it. No doubt it works, these adapters are dumb!
Who do they ship with and what is your ETA on delivery?

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
OP
OP

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
such a pity to have to rely on Tesla's app to pay since Ford can't get the OTA problem resolved for 2023 Lightnings. Letting the competition show them up again.
I want nothing to do with Ford's payment service. Tesla offers a 25% discount subscription for $12.99 in a similar fashion to EA and others. That'll pay for itself in the first charge or two, so I'd pay a huge premium travelling with Ford's payment system.

Nah. I'll just use Tesla's app like I did with EA. This is their Manchester, NH location. Most others are cheaper; the Member rate for most of the ones on my route is $0.32/kWh.

Ford F-150 Lightning A2Z/Lectron Supercharger Adapter experiences? 1709342939484
Sponsored